Author Topic: ADDON IGSO  (Read 1745 times)

I'm pretty sure it's possible; changing the paintset through loading does it. Mind you, that lags pretty fricking badly.

As for disabling add-ons... I really don't know.

I think he means something like IGSO, that allows hosts to enable/disable add-ons in-game. It is already possible to enable them in-game by exec'ing them, but in order to disable them in-game, they would have to be packaged, and then disable the package in-game to disable it, and manually delete the datablocks.

After a second thought, though, the Torque engine generally requires a game restart to get rid of any exec'd script, while Blockland only requires a server restart. The system that allows this could possibly be implemented to allow changes without restarting the server. Just a thought.
Disabling packages does not work well in Torque... (Highlighted important bit)

People would have to make 'load' and 'unload' scripts for all of their Add-Ons - things like Team Deathmatch cannot be deactivated easily during the game as they overwrite many game functions.

You'd end up with lots of problems for advanced mods that actually change gameplay being activated and deactivated. Packaged functions (That overwrite parts of other functions but keeping the 'original' code for it) are very unpredictable in Torque and will not work right when activating and deactivating lots of things at once: (Put each of these lines into the console, in order)
Code: [Select]
function showMsg(){echo("Hi.");}
package one{function showMsg(){echo("ONE");Parent::showMsg();}};
package two{function showMsg(){echo("TWO");Parent::showMsg();}};
activatePackage(one);showMsg();
It should say 'ONE' and then 'Hi.' on the next line.
activatePackage(two);showMsg();It should say 'TWO', 'ONE' and then 'Hi.'.
deactivatePackage(one);showMsg();It only says 'Hi.'. Even though you haven't deactivated two, deactivating packages 'before' others will stop the ones activated after it from working.

This could cause a problem: If a minigame 'Hide Names' script overwrites the player spawn functions and then Team Deathmatch overwrites the same ones (for uniforms, say), deactivating Hide Names will stop Team Deathmatch from working even though you haven't disabled that.

WOE thats crazy well anyways if you join my server you'll always get SUPER ADMIN remember that beauase last time you forgot.

I'm pretty sure it's possible; changing the paintset through loading does it. Mind you, that lags pretty fricking badly.

As for disabling add-ons... I really don't know.
Its possible, but my case is that
1) difficulty level
2) obvious side effects in many cases
3) would probably require effort on Badspot's part to be a stable part of the game.

Didn't Space Guy post about a transmitDatablocks(); or something a while back?

I think NiXiLL has found out how to do this, but he is very good at scripting and i think he does it through the console. Everyone at his server at the time will get a invalid packet (1 i think).

You're on about his /cwep. That doesn't call a new datablock. It's a wand. You only get packet errors because of the particles I think.

So no, he hasn't found it.