Author Topic: Vehicle Control Enhancement  (Read 2108 times)

Note that its easier to fly in first person then in third

No. Much easier in 3rd. You can watch your head/wheels.

You guys all have pathetic piloting skills.  I won't disagree that a better indication of direction would be nice (it can be easy to get lost without a point of reference), but still...piloting isn't that hard.

You guys all have pathetic piloting skills.  I won't disagree that a better indication of direction would be nice (it can be easy to get lost without a point of reference), but still...piloting isn't that hard.

Get your ego the f*ck out of here, I can fly fine. And yes, it is hard at first, the people that can't probably haven't flown too much.

Ok, let's not get into a fight about our piloting skills.  The fact is, it is really hard to fly a plane for those who have flown in other systems.  I beat Ace Combat 6 on Ace (read: 'legendary') mode and am no creampuff when it comes to aircraft.  My point is, it would be really great to have an improved control system.  I'd be flying loops around just about any interesting piece of artitecture in this game if the controls could utilize a joystick. 
So either mouse control needs improvement, or we need a joystick.  Either way, so what if its a sandbox game?  What if I want to build a massive city like the Jetsons or Star Wars' Cloud City?  I can't do it now, or at least I won't be able to enjoy myself playing in it.

Ok, let's not get into a fight about our piloting skills.  The fact is, it is really hard to fly a plane for those who have flown in other systems.  I beat Ace Combat 6 on Ace (read: 'legendary') mode and am no creampuff when it comes to aircraft.  My point is, it would be really great to have an improved control system.  I'd be flying loops around just about any interesting piece of artitecture in this game if the controls could utilize a joystick. 
So either mouse control needs improvement, or we need a joystick.  Either way, so what if its a sandbox game?  What if I want to build a massive city like the Jetsons or Star Wars' Cloud City?  I can't do it now, or at least I won't be able to enjoy myself playing in it.
Whoa ho hooo we're dealing with an expert

Ok, So, Can anyone help me/us out here?  It is difficult to control vehicles, as stated; can anyone do something about it?  I've made an observation: when weilding guns while flying, in third person the guns don't shoot straight ahead, but follow the turning values of the mouse, as if I were in first person moving the mouse about the screen.  Try it.  Get the minigun, fly in the Biplane or stund plane and fire from first person.  It's not enough to fly by, but this proves the data is in there and accesable.  What can we do to make it a hud we can see?  Right now our control sux.  We need an improvement.  Please?

Get your ego the f*ck out of here, I can fly fine. And yes, it is hard at first, the people that can't probably haven't flown too much.

If you can't pilot Blockland aircraft (read Stunt Plane / Biplane / etc) through normal maneuvers, you have pathetic piloting skills.  The problem isn't Blockland, it's you being stuck in your old ways.  I can pilot just fine, and I'm nowhere near Ephi's level of piloting prowess.  Don't come in here bitching about how you can't handle piloting in Blockland and then expect me to not tell you that you simply suck at piloting.  This is how piloting in Blockland works.  Get used to it.

Vehicles in Blockland are actually a lot easier to fly than a good amount of other games in my opinion. Get used to it.