Author Topic: Map sections  (Read 2719 times)

whenever i play aot it takes awhile to load the WHOLE entire map that seems to run on forever i mean some people on the old forum said they found a desert but thats not my point instead of loading the WHOLE entire map why not make it so it when you get to a certain point you have to load the map this way it wouldnt take as long to get in.EXAMPLE:lets say your going to the treehouse well by the time you got there youd probably have to load like 1 section.Oh and one last thing why you should add sections is because you could give them names so like if someone say hey where is the treehouse oh its north from here once you get in that section head NE then youllbe there.I noticed lots of other games do this like guild wars,ROSE,and i think WoW.

Oh, like when at a area, you move out, it fades out, it pops up a loading screen that shows its location name?

just like gta 3 and vice city

whenever i play aot it takes awhile to load the WHOLE entire map that seems to run on forever i mean some people on the old forum said they found a desert but thats not my point instead of loading the WHOLE entire map why not make it so it when you get to a certain point you have to load the map this way it wouldnt take as long to get in.EXAMPLE:lets say your going to the treehouse well by the time you got there youd probably have to load like 1 section.Oh and one last thing why you should add sections is because you could give them names so like if someone say hey where is the treehouse oh its north from here once you get in that section head NE then youllbe there.I noticed lots of other games do this like guild wars,ROSE,and i think WoW.

it takes about 30 seconds on my computer, i like it like this, because if you were to load in combat, would you disappear?, would you crash if they hit you? how many people would actually like something that could break the game?

How about load the sector you're in and the 8 sectors around you? When you move to another sector it loads the new ones and deletes the old ones.

Loading areas are annoying, especially ones that disguise themselves as help sections, or the super evil mini-game loading screens of doom. But it appears to be the only solution that I can think of, and the producers of hundreds of other games can think of. Always a loading screen...

In my opinion thats just heaps of unnecessary engine changes that determine whether you have to wait 30 seconds or 1 minute to get ingame.

Time would be stupidly wasted on something like that :/

Yeah, ephi's right. I think we'd all rather have male models with adjustable snake size and ball weight rather than map sections. (I know I would)

Yeah, ephi's right. I think we'd all rather have male models with adjustable snake size and ball weight rather than map sections. (I know I would)
I'm setting my guy's to "massive, approaching elephantitis."

I aim for keeping my characters as true-to-life as possible.

It would be extra awesome if we could adjust the size of our p-spots. Mine would be like a grapefruit... no.... watermelon.

You know you could change areas in "safe" zones  that way abuse wouldn't be rampant (and to further stop ppl from abusing it you would have to stand there for 15 secs or something). There are alot of well known games that do this, and unless someone finds a way around this, then its still the best idea for more places to go to and such.