Author Topic: Oh F*** moments in gaming.  (Read 3624 times)

That time in DF when my dwarves started out and there was a loving lengendary Colossus 3 screens down from them. One of them wandered too close and the thing charged him and proceeded to throw everyone off the mountain

They all died :(
When I spawned in what seemed to be the perfect place, until  found that almost every water source had been filled with pike and carp ;_;

When I found out AoE III had such leet graphics that my old card couldn't handle it.

lol I wasn't the one saying F***...

I wish I had a screenshot of this, but in Rome Total War - Barbarian Invasion an army of 6800 or so guys came to siege my minor city that had around 600 heavy cavalry units defending. It was basically a wave of infantry that charged through the breaches in my walls, with a single unit of heavy cavalry as there general. Anyways, my first thought is, fight to the death, take as many out with me as I can, and so I charged them. We met on a hill within my city, I was atop that hill, and the fight began. Maybe two minutes in I break 3 units of there men, and it started a chain reaction. of the entire army running for there lives. After slaughtering as many of the infantry as I could before they routed, I headed back to find any I missed. The only unit that didn't run was the generals body guard. I outnumbered them by 50 or so men and charged them on all flanks. They broke my men within seconds and I lost the battle.

Enemy Death Count: 6400
Enemy Survival Count: 400 (340 managed to flee, 60 was the general's remaining bodyguard)

It was a battle filled with many a "Oh F***".

Almost every moment in DooM is an "Oh F***" moment.

Except DooM 3.
DooM 3 was one big "Oh forget it" Moment.

That time in Civilization Revolution where I moved all my military units to Sparta (Yeah, I stole from the Greeks. Sue me!) so I could mount an attack on the Russians. I even fired a nuke into Odessa to scare them. Obviously it didn't work. So there are all my forces, about 25 or so units, all ready to storm the Russian Capital of Moscow. When all of a sudden "The Germans have captured Athens!".
"GOD DAMNIT! I SOLD YOU COMMUNISM, NOW GET BACK INTO FRANKFURT!" Was my initial reaction. Then the Russians came, obviously allied with the German scum and surrounded Sparta. Exactly the technique I used to capture it. After about 20 long minutes the war was called to an end. The only things I had left to depend on were about 6 rockets I had started building. If I could get them all built before all my cities were stolen then I'd be able to assemble my Space Station, fire it to Alpha Centuri and win in a technology victory. All I had to do was cling on to London until the station would arrive. Now I was clever, most of my rockets were out at sea. The Germans were also clever, they had boats.

So in the end all Mongol civilization was wiped from the face of the Earth.

That time in Civilization Revolution where I moved all my military units to Sparta (Yeah, I stole from the Greeks. Sue me!) so I could mount an attack on the Russians. I even fired a nuke into Odessa to scare them. Obviously it didn't work. So there are all my forces, about 25 or so units, all ready to storm the Russian Capital of Moscow. When all of a sudden "The Germans have captured Athens!".
"GOD DAMNIT! I SOLD YOU COMMUNISM, NOW GET BACK INTO FRANKFURT!" Was my initial reaction. Then the Russians came, obviously allied with the German scum and surrounded Sparta. Exactly the technique I used to capture it. After about 20 long minutes the war was called to an end. The only things I had left to depend on were about 6 rockets I had started building. If I could get them all built before all my cities were stolen then I'd be able to assemble my Space Station, fire it to Alpha Centuri and win in a technology victory. All I had to do was cling on to London until the station would arrive. Now I was clever, most of my rockets were out at sea. The Germans were also clever, they had boats.

So in the end all Mongol civilization was wiped from the face of the Earth.

OMGLAWLZ!!!

Apparently large sieges in M&B are somewhat unfair to the player.  It decides "Hey, let's just send in your units rather than also pulling from the allied armies."  Then half your units fall off the ladder and can't do anything, until you're the only one left against 30 crossbowmen, you shield(s) are broken, and personally, I have no ranged weapons/skills.  I was forced to retreat from the same siege twice, messing up my morale.

Back on topic:

"Khergit guy with about 10 more units than me?  That's fine."
"Oh F*** it's all horsemen and crossbowmen and archers and archers on horses."
After about 4 minutes of fighting...
"Oh F*** my horse was killed."
"And oh F*** a bunch of horsemen with lances are circling me."
After running around with one of my 3-7 remaining knights trying to kill the two or three horsemen that were after me, he dismounted one but the horse ran away before I could mount it :( ...
"Oh F*** where'd my knights go there are three enemies all on horses :("
After killing one with my pike...
"Hey the horse is stuck against a tree, let's use it!"
After winning the battle on an enemy horse and after losing all my guys except ONE knight.
"Oh F*** what do you mean there are SEVEN MORE GUYS to kill?"

I pulled it off, barely.  Having no points in Athletics make running to an unused horse really slow.  The battles must have taken like 20 minutes to complete. :(

It also pissed off my Hero units, who started yelling at me for leading my army into a "boodbath."

Well, i made it to Under The Radar in HL2: Ep 2, and i was at the part with the radiation, the powerful turret shooting at all the zombies, and a house with healings, and another house with 3 or 4 Combines (One had a shotgun), i had low Health, and i just barely made it through the Combine fight with only 2 points left! Then later, i figured out how to destroy the turret, so i did, then i got back to the Rebels who were fixing my car and i had to drive with only 2 points left still, then after finding the first radar cache, i found a bunch of healings, thank God, but after the Advisor appeared and whatever and left, i made it to the second house which i considered a safe house due to all the healings and ammo, unfortunately that;s when i tried to drive off, but all of a sudden, the Combine gates activated and i hear Alyx yell "It's a trap!", so that;s when Combine are storming my house and i got 3 Hunters after me at the same time as the Combine, so me and Alyx almost die trying to take out the Hunters in the house (After they break in), the funny thing is this, i think "I'll go down to the basement for some healings", but that's when i see a Hunter in there, so there goes that, but eventually, without any deaths, i managed to get passed all that and make it to where you gotta use the Gravity Gun to kill off the Reactor in, if i remember correctly, a garage the Combine were protecting

I hate Combine and Hunters, also despise  Zombines!

In LOZ: TP: I was on Morpheel, and after I smached the first form a few times I saw the giant form I was like CRAP! And beat it easy.

Guess who wins...

When i just Slightly missed the Portal and fell into the smoldering Fire in Portal :D

I was playing toribash and I was at a weekend torney with double swords mod.

I killed almost everyone, I was about to win when I came down from the air and hit the ground I was 1k points away when I was gonna chop his arm in half on the last 50 frames, He moved his arm, beat me, and got a head texture >:O

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/36111.html

Whenever my friends gang up on me in age of empires.

« Last Edit: August 01, 2008, 12:57:43 AM by mr.64x64 »