DF Succession game Fort CloisterCrush, strike the earth!

Author Topic: DF Succession game Fort CloisterCrush, strike the earth!  (Read 8254 times)

Also, how do you guise like my logs so far?
They're pretty good so far, keep it up!

And also, oh god the Queen. I wonder what she'll wreck in her blind fury first

What the forget.

Don't edit a loving update into an old post, that's just annoying and pointless.

Oh goodie, I get to be sweared at for keeping my logs nice and organized.

Perhaps I'll just do this

day whatever

Stuff happened.

waaaalllls
WALL ALMOST DONE
that is- -0- A
  - - -- - -- -L
- -- - -- --- L

It's not fun to try and post when you have to go backwards a page or fifteen to find whatever arbitrary post the current player decided was a good place to hide his logs so that noone could ever see how badly he messed up the entire fort.

Posting in a LINEAR FASHION makes much more sense.  Unless time flows arbitrarily forwards and backwards in DF.  Is that one of the things toady is working on now?

It's not fun to try and post when you have to go backwards a page or fifteen to find whatever arbitrary post the current player decided was a good place to hide his logs so that noone could ever see how badly he messed up the entire fort.

Posting in a LINEAR FASHION makes much more sense.  Unless time flows arbitrarily forwards and backwards in DF.  Is that one of the things toady is working on now?
Someones pissy

Every time I play a succession game someone does this.  I'm getting slightly annoyed, yes.

Anti has a good point, plus the fact that I have a monstrous amount of images on that page as well doesn't help. RKY could you make new replies for your next updates?

Okay then.

The queen & the wave of immigrants arrived, we now have

• A bowyer
  • 4 peasants
  • A woodcrafter
  • A glassmaker
  • An animal dissector
  • A Potash Maker
  • An armorer(good, we will need well armored troops to protect the queen(or rather, protect the rest of us from the queen))
  • A mason! Now my wall will be built quicker!
  • A Siege Operator! Now CloisterCrush's catapults might actually hit something!
  • A weaver
  • A mechanic.

-- My miners just had to inform me of the discover of tetrahedrite while I was taking role call --
  • A woodcutter
  • An engraver.
  • A hunter, he will be very useful to me.
  • A stoneworker, good, more people to construct our walls!
  • A stonecrafter

They also brought a pet
1 Cow calf

Now our fortress can support a sheriff, I think I will make the head of our military sheriff.

We now number 35. I plan to put a few peasants on farming, and the rest will become militants. The potash maker and weaver will farm as well. We have many more mouths to feed.

I will take our farmers off engraving duty, and our mason and metalworker will be taken off siege operating in favor of the skilled operator. Other than that, everyone will get to work.

Suggestions anyone?

edit

The fortress is now running fairly smoothly, but I still need to carve out some more rooms for the new dwarves.

Our Queen seems to be very pleased with our work here-- she has been patiently exploring our fortress, admiring our craftsmanship while we carve out her royal quarters.

Our new recruits have quickly taken to wrestling and our farms are running better than ever.

The wall is nearing completion with the first layer about halfway done, and our treasury is almost finished.

I will sketch out what we have planned for the royal quarters soon, for now there is much more work to be done.

Off topic notes: Wait what? The queen is unbelievably agile and superdwarvenly tough? It's super queen!
« Last Edit: August 05, 2008, 09:14:03 PM by rkynick »

You should keep those siege operators working so they get practice just encase we latter decide we want to explore into the sacred stone and have a chance of hitting HFS.

Maybe, but for now I need them working on the wall.

Ah, ok, that makes sense.

By the gods! Swarms of flys are ravaging our food stocks, so I am getting our carpenters to mass-produce barrels to avoid further nonsense.

The wall is coming together nicely, now I have the bridges set up(as the gates). When set off by a lever, the bridges will pull themselves upwards, forming a wall that will protect our workers from crossbow bolts.(think drawbridges)

I hope to have that wall done by mid-summer.

The treasury is finished, and just in time too. We discovered glorious rubies, in the same area where we discovered sapphires as well!(I was having the miners carve out new rooms for the immigrants)

It appears our wood-cutters are bored, can't blame them, I haven't given them anything to cut down. So I mapped out a large area of forest to be cut down, hopefully our wood stocks will grow enough to last us in case of siege.

The Queen's quarters are almost finished, we are furnishing and smoothing them currently.

Whats this? A peasant, Lolor, has been very secretive as of late, and now she has taken over a craftdwarfs workshop!

We can only wonder what she might come out with...

Lolor has emerged after many days & nights with Ekastamid, an impressively crafted turtle shell chain! Lolor has claimed the title of legendary bone crafter with this artifact!

The human caravan arrived today, and the Queen herself honored them with her presence!

Hopefully they will have more to trade than the stupid elves.

Its harvest time! A great crop of sweet pods and a secondary crop of plump helmets came in today.

We will brew the sweet pods and store the plump helmets.

The humans did have some good trade items! And through some crafty trading I was able to get us 200 meatstuffs and 90 fishstuffs.
I also got us a cow cage, hopefully we can begin breeding cows for our own meats.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2008, 10:51:42 PM by rkynick »

Hmm the fort's shaping up pretty good so far.

Humans always have awesome things to trade. The elves on the other hand, not so much.

My internet is being kinds screwy, but I will update in a little bit.

My internet is being kinds screwy, but I will update in a little bit.

You're going to have to try and finish it fast if you can, I think 48 hours are almost up