Author Topic: DF Succession game Fort CloisterCrush, strike the earth!  (Read 8257 times)

Oh crap. Well, I'll get at it.

Will edit this post shortly.

~--~

We had many of pets just standing around in our halls, so I asked the miners to carve out some pits for us to put them in, and wa-la.

Currently the puppies, muskoxes, and cows are in the pits and we have one empty pit. Hopefully they will reproduce so we can have good war dogs, and maybe some muskox meat.

I have tasked the masons with making the top layer of the wall now, which has a floor marksmen can stand on and shoot through fortifications I have had built. We have also completely finished the gates now, they are activated/deactivated from the front of the fort.

Also, we have set up rows of cage traps in front of the gates as well, so even if enemies try to come in while we have the bridge down, they will likely be caught in the cage traps, at which point we can do what we wish with those bloody intruders.

« Last Edit: August 08, 2008, 01:02:53 AM by rkynick »

Gather all the plants on the map, it may be risky, but when you're using an accomplished herbalist, it can be benefitting, especially to your booze supply.

Having the switch there makes it hard to close the gate if anything gets in.

Monty, I had a large area of trees and plants gathered/cutdown, but I will have them do more.

Anti-Cop, I'll make an extra emergency switch in the fort.

What about the eagle?

is it still there? Is it still... scheming?

Oh god...

Bump?

Has v9 stolen this?

Bump?

Has v9 stolen this?
Yeah it has I think.

I'll ask Rky to finish his turn next I see him, or post the save, whichever he wants to do.

I will finish my turn tonight, even If I do not completely finish the save will be up here before I hit the hay for the night.

Got to fall, will write log tomorrow

Here's the save

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=c3dd02b29619ff87d2db6fb9a8902bda

Important things: the wall is still under construction but most of it is planned out or finished

Caravan came, traded them a few prepared meals for basically everything they had.(it was awesome)

A bunch of the puppies I stuffed in a pit became dogs. Let them breed and then make them wardogs or slaughter them for meatstuffs. I don't care.

Our broker needs to be put back on farming duty.

I have a bunch of people on masonry for the wall project-- if you plan to do any major mining, the miners are on mason work so take them off.

If no one starts by the time I wake up, I'll do a few more things and repost the save. But someone will probably get it to it. My legacy is fulfilled, however.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2008, 03:07:34 AM by rkynick »

What the feck happened here?

I haven't touched DF for a while. There have probably been 20+ new versions, seeing how fast Toady makes them  :cookieMonster:

Current version is 40d, not all that much different really. This map would still easily work.

He's making another huge Patch though, like the one where it went from the 2D to the 3D and all the saves on the 2D were obsolete. This was a great fort and I'd really like to see it flourish.

edit:
1. The Player Order list will not be included this time, seeing as players are simply "not around" to play, and waiting after them destroys some of these threads. INSTEAD, we will give the turn to whoever is readily available and willing to play.

Anyone feel like picking this up again?
« Last Edit: September 24, 2008, 06:39:38 AM by Muffinmix »

Man I don't remember stuff about this fort anymore.  This should be funny.

Man I don't remember stuff about this fort anymore.  This should be funny.

All I remember is the adamantine discovery out of loving nowhere, and the siege against the giant eagle

I sort of remember the Adamantine as being more of a "God damnit we have nowhere to make a loving fort because we are not ready to dig into Adamantine yet and the stuff is blocking off EVERY loving DIRECTION WE CAN EXPAND IN."