Author Topic: mega spam  (Read 7253 times)

Maybe badspot has an idea he is willing to share with us for stopping this spam? Back when That Better Mod was the mod to use, I had a dedicated server, I remember trying to figure out how to save bricks on a dedicated server. When I finnaly found out from Rob or MCP, it was too late. I had to go somewhere and when I came back, it was spammed completly, I mean a lot, probably some of the worst spam ever. I had the toybox limit off... I wish I could have saved what we built that day :'(

I think i know the culpret of this "spamming", he was on my server planting rows and rows and rows of flowers. His name on TBM is |/Ronin\| or something of that sort, if this person joins your server ban him immediately. This is not a "i hate you and gonna get you banned from every server" post. This is not a lie.

|\Ronin/| was his name, Ven.

Are you sure it was Ronin? Do you have proof? I hope you aren't just making guesses. That would be pretty sad if you tarnish an innocent person's reputation.

No i'm not making guesses and I do not have proof, i said hey ronin, he says hey, 5 mins later i look over and see him building rows of flowers, i jet over, then he leaves. I'm not lying, you can ask Spoticle, and Indy.  I'm not saying he's a culprit of all of this, i'm just saying he did it in my server, and if you see him, kick him, ban him or keep an eye on him. Theres no reason for me to "tarnish" someone's building reputation, i don't do shizit like that, i stand up to them, not accuse them of spamming and get them banned, i'm not a dumb n00b that would do that, me and ronin were friends, until like the other day when he accused me of banning Marco, and then i got de-admined for it. Now he comes in my server spamming, i knew someone was spamming cuz i had only built a small portion of my building roughly 10 bricks and it was lagging fiercely in one direction i go to check it out and then i see Ronin planting bricks and he leaves.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2006, 10:19:00 PM by Venom »

it could be someone using his name, that happens all the time, ronin is in my clan and makes awsome builds, and if he DID infact spam, i would have to kick him from the clan, but i doubt it that he ever spammed.

I'm not saying you have to believe me but i do think it was ronin because who would impersonate him, Magicpants, Luquado i can see someone imitating them but ronin, i doubt.

|\Ronin/|...Yep, he spammed it alright. I've seen a "Ronin" before, but This is the first time I've seen it spelled as "|\Ronin/|."

well if you put a level of spam blocking toggle in would be good

i really hate having to boot /|RONIN|\ because hes such a great builder and he actuially speaks normal on the internet. i will have to ask him if that WAS him... (what else can i do?)

I don't know, but he'll probably deny it, i have no proof but my eyes know what they saw.

Alright, i talked with ronin and he didn't do it, because he was in USSR's server at that time, and it was an imposter, if you see anyone particularly famous, be suspicious.

Why don't you guys get the IP of the Ronin who spams and we can compare it to [USSR]'s Ronin?

I'd have to say one thing more annoying than brick spam is a imposter, even worse would be an imposter who poses as another blockland user. I've noticed that recent attacks agaisnt large clans (usually a clan with lots of popularity) have made the number of imposters/spammers almost double. Whats worse is that the imposters now use "Blockdude" as a way of sneaking past ppl monitoring for suspected spammers. Quite frankly, this has created mass confusion and mindless slander, but a solution would help rather than sit around whining about n00bs. Better orgainization and a cooperative effort could at least slow the server attacks.

And let me clear things up:

1. on the day that Venom said that "|\Ronin/|" was online I was at work

2. There are not two Ronins I had used the "|\ /|" in the past, but the poser used that to replicate authenticity

3. I've heard of ONLY 3 sitings of my imposter (one named {IAF} Ronin, ronen, and the now infamous "|\Ronin/|")

4. I do not know who the spammer is, but seeing how {BH} members and other clans have had impersonations has me believing that there is a ring of spammers/impostsers (wether or not they are affliated, we dont know)

5. I do not appreiciate ppl who do not know me but are atomatically accusing me

6. I don't personally like {BH} Marco so why would I want him unbanned??
« Last Edit: January 30, 2006, 04:06:55 PM by Ronin »