Author Topic: Well we're all forgeted  (Read 4820 times)

Much of the world outside of the USA is already paying much more for their gasoline, and other consumables. Europe has being prices twice as high as $4 a gallon for quite awhile.

In many ways, the high price of fuel is a good thing. For one, it has made alternate forms of transportation and energy much more appealing, and it has made many realize how much they are truly wasting on a daily basis. I really do believe many people live in a fantasy world (not talking about religion here so don't get testy). I mean, the earth isn't a magic pump, constantly generating fossil fuels (at least at the rate we use them) and it is more akin to a large barrel of oil which we have all been happily horking down for last century or two.

Fortunately there are many, many alternate places to find energy that aren't as damaging. Whether we are able to transition to those alternate sources of energy before we experience a full economic collapse and the fall of our civilization is another matter.

I would personally like to see more nuclear power plants and solar farms, but heaven forbid we actually do something with foresight for once.

I wasn't talking about algae, just FYI.

I read your post as "biodiesel will drive up food prices, therefore we shouldn't use it." I presented a situation where it would not drive up food costs.

Fortunately there are many, many alternate places to find energy that aren't as damaging. Whether we are able to transition to those alternate sources of energy before we experience a full economic collapse and the fall of our civilization is another matter.

I think you're being a bit overly negative there. I think a worst case scenario is we end up with gas rationing and huge subsidies on electric cars and solar panels.

I think were all a bit late to the party when it comes to the environment and our resources. The gluttony has to end somewhere, someday, somehow.

I'd like to believe that it will happen peacefully, without bloodshed, but from what I have seen, from what I have read, that is unlikely to happen. People are just plain greedy and stubborn.

My gas prices are around 3.90, so whatever Hollingsworth  :cookieMonster:

Oh I knew about things outside the USA, what is it, The Netherlands already pays 11 dollars (in US currency).

I'm just saying, the country that's called themselves the "land of opportunity" and is arrogant enough to claim: "best country" can't even handle this problem. I swear, the worlds going to stuff and we're just along for the ride.

Dude holy stuff your avatar confused me, I was like 'when the forget did I start a thread?'.

BERNIE MAC DIED D:

Yes I know Jimi died too, Pamp. loving Government not liking peace movements ;-;
« Last Edit: November 30, 2008, 12:36:12 AM by Robo Noob »

Dude holy stuff your avatar confused me, I was like 'when the forget did I start a thread?'.

Lol'd. Hay entrepreneur in.

I was wondering when you'd catch on to the avatar. :D

I'll have to make it better later, but for now, LUL.

I no have fotoshoop installed. Paint.net is baaaad for 75x75 avatars.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2008, 09:54:44 PM by Bones4 »

what about Ray Charles? Did he not become a famous black guy who died? Also I love how we are not talking about explosive hydrogen cars. yay 1% nuclear drive by's. and I LOL'd to your avatars.

Oh I knew about things outside the USA, what is it, The Netherlands already pays 11 dollars (in US currency).

I'm just saying, the country that's called themselves the "land of opportunity" and is arrogant enough to claim: "best country" can't even handle this problem. I swear, the worlds going to stuff and we're just along for the ride.

Most of Europe is like this.

China is gonna inherit the Earth... stupid asians... :(