Author Topic: A "Protect the Core" game mode  (Read 1245 times)

The idea for this game mode is simple. One brick is tagged as the "core". The team who destroys the core wins. Naturally, the core has a crapload of health.

the epicness of this would be aweosme...sort of like a 1 way capture the flag? ...actually, its mroe along the liens of defend the castle brick. If i were you i would build a 20 layer brick wall around that core.

You can do this with brick events. Sumz's dm had a mode where each team had to hack into each other's base computer to win. After starting to hack the base computer, you had to guard it until the countdown completed. If the other team killed you, they could go into the computer room and turn off the timer, so you would have to start hacking it all over again.

Protecting the core would be comparatively a lot simpler.

yay but what about the ummm primes nodes

I likes. though wedge mentioned a good way to do this for now.

off topic:We might also need a new bricktype for the core shield. something like a brick that has health, but permanently dissapears (and respawns when the minigame restarts) after a certain amount of damage.

It's possible to do it based on the number of projectiles with the basic events.

This core can take 6 direct hits from a pistol.

If you want to put a shield around the core, just use the same events minus all the minigame reset stuff and the explosions. Set the brick respawn time to 20 seconds or something.

Each event toggle (except the last one) represents 1 unit of health. To add more health, increase the size of the event enable chain.

EDIT: The centerprint says "<color:FFFFFF> THE CORE HAS BEEN DESTROYED. <COLOR:FF000>RED TEAM<COLOR:FFFFFF> LOSES,  <COLOR:0000FF>BLUE TEAM <color:FFFFFF> WINS."
« Last Edit: August 18, 2008, 07:28:58 PM by Wedge »

Thanks Wedge, but I'm not fantastic with events yet, which is why I wanted a game mode like TDM or something. Thanks again though.