Author Topic: Need help with homework: Bible references in Music, Movies, etc.  (Read 2744 times)

Try to say that Don McClean's "American Pie" is about the resurrection of Jesus Christ. I think somebody already claims that its about the apocalypse or something or other, so you could use that.

"American Pie" does refer to the Bible several times in the lyrics.

Command and Conquer is full of references.

In Command and Conquer Renegade, you find the tomb of Abel in the Temple of Nod.
The Brotherhood of Nod is a reference to the land of Nod Cain wanders through.
Cain = Kane, if you haven't figure it out.
General Shepherd gives you orders in C&C Tiberian Dawn.
General Solomon commands GDI in Tiberian Sun.
Kane dies multiple times but comes back every time. He's been killed twice now.
Kane can't be killed (reference to the mark of Cain).
There is a faction of the Brotherhood of Nod in Command and Conquer 3 called the "Marked of Kane."
Kane kills Seth, his right hand.
The Philadelphia, a giant space station containing GDI's headquarters, is blown up by a Nod nuclear missile. General Solomon commands from here, you could consider this an allusion to the destruction of the temple of Solomon.

In Half-Life 2, Father Grigori says random religious phrases while killing hoards of zombies. He also tells you to go to the church.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2008, 12:05:05 AM by Wedge »

Thanks for the help. I ended up going with Forest by System of a Down. If you look at in the right light, it is almost an exact Adam and the Garden of Eden foil.

I might be too late here, but I know of two songs,
Viva La Vida by colplay (there is a fight on youtube on who its about, Jesus or Napoleon Bonaparte)

one lyric in the song Tripping Billies, by Dave Matthews Band

"Eat, drink and be merry, for tommorrow we'll die"
last supper reference maybe?