Author Topic: Output Event - Emote v2  (Read 9261 times)

Emote Event
A basic event that causes a player to emit an emote.

Description
This Add-On adds one new output event ("emote") to the game, which causes players to emit one of the following "emotes":
  • Alarm (+ Sound; if Emote_Alarm is enabled)
  • Love (if Emote_Love is enabled)
  • Hate (if Emote_Hate enabled)
  • Confusion (if Emote_Confusion enabled)
  • Win Star (+ Sound)
  • Pain (Low, Medium or High)

The update (v2) prevents an extra 'OrchHitH' sound appearing in the Sounds menu.

Download
SpaceMods Home Page
Download Page
Direct Link
View on RTB Download Manager

This mod has been placed under the SpaceMods license. Please follow the rules given in the license if modifying and releasing derivative works which use this code.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2008, 01:03:00 PM by Space Guy »

OO

How is this useful ingame?
« Last Edit: August 20, 2008, 09:08:19 AM by Lemurdecatta »

You could make things like a "Hint" that something is near where you've just been ("There's a hidden door here, but where?" then when you get near it does the Confused emote) or something like "Oh no, a tank just came out of nowhere and is killing me". TheGeek requested it (in-game) a while ago.

Could you add more emotes?

Sure, any suggestions? These are the default ones that come with the game. (Burn already exists with BurnPlayer)

Sure, any suggestions? These are the default ones that come with the game. (Burn already exists with BurnPlayer)

Well, do you have some "instructions" how?

Well, you'd have to extract the .zip, edit the files (creating a new emote like the existing ones, adding another item to the if(enabled) part and another case in player::emote) and then repackage it. If you have any ideas for new emotes, I can add them easily.

Well, you'd have to extract the .zip, edit the files (creating a new emote like the existing ones, adding another item to the if(enabled) part and another case in player::emote) and then repackage it. If you have any ideas for new emotes, I can add them easily.

Suggestions:

- Fake Ouch Emote
 - Nosebleed
 - Fart
 - Cough
 - The "..." Emote
 - The Sulk
 - Sweat
 - Vomit
 - Port the v8 Pee Emote
 - $ $ $ Sign Emote or any other currency ( Could be B Dollars. :D)
 - "HALP!" Emote
 - "LULZ" or "LOL" or "ROFL" Emote
 - Angel Ring Emote
 - Dragon Breath or Fire Breathing Emote
 - Shoop-Da-Whoop v8 Port

That's all the ideas about this in my mind right now.

could i make a suggestion!!!!

how about a smiley face apears over your head...
if you are near something.....

and could you add more info on your bot mod please i really wanna
no what it is gonna be like... TY...

'Fake' ouch? None of the Pain emotes actually hurt you. (Low = Green; Med = Yellow, High = Large/White OUCH signs)

Hm, I'm some of the emotes might work with a /cmd but not as well with an event - "You cough, but only on this plate here"?

'Fake' ouch? None of the Pain emotes actually hurt you. (Low = Green; Med = Yellow, High = Large/White OUCH signs)

Hm, I'm some of the emotes might work with a /cmd but not as well with an event - "You cough, but only on this plate here"?

Actually I was thinking of just replacing the ! picture on the emote with the OUCH sign.

Coughing could be useful. Example: You step on a brick, numbers go up to 99, then a tank for your use is spawned, then "Cough Cough".

:( I made puke (Vomit) for V8 that I was gonna port.

It's kinda useless though.

Looks neato, I'll try this out later.