Author Topic: 'NoShiftMoveMap' attempting to call function 'pop'  (Read 2418 times)

Badspot

• Administrator
base/client/scripts/allClientScripts.cs (17167): Unable to find object: 'NoShiftMoveMap' attempting to call function 'pop'

Does anyone know how to trigger this error consistently?  Looking at the code it doesn't seem possible. 

Screwing up a GUI command does the job I think... :S

I was messing with a very simple serverCmd a few days ago. I managed to get  that in the console a few dozen times. Although, I don't recall anything about the "pop" function...   Oh, nevermind, I just tried it again. It's a slightly different error.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2008, 11:14:23 PM by blaman »

Does anyone know how to trigger this error consistently?  Looking at the code it doesn't seem possible. 
It just randomly happens to me, commonly when servers crash
I will screw around with some crap and see what triggers it

It just randomly happens to me, commonly when servers crash
I will screw around with some crap and see what triggers it
it happens when you try to pop a gui that is not open.

Why would you pop a GUI? ):

Badspot

• Administrator
I was messing with a very simple serverCmd a few days ago. I managed to get  that in the console a few dozen times. Although, I don't recall anything about the "pop" function...   Oh, nevermind, I just tried it again. It's a slightly different error.
What is this different error?

That is the only scenario I can think of that would cause this but the problem is you can't actually do that.

What is this different error?

That is the only scenario I can think of that would cause this but the problem is you can't actually do that.
Well If you try to do that the error appears..so..You just answered yourself? :S

I remember reporting this to you on yuki's server - it happens to me most of the time when I close the entry for sending a message (by sending or otherwise), although not all of the time.

Badspot

• Administrator
Well If you try to do that the error appears..so..You just answered yourself? :S

What I'm saying is if I start a game and do canvas.popDialog(newMessageHud); in the console, nothing happens.  The engine checks internally if a gui is awake before attempting to pop it so there must be more to it than that.

What I'm saying is if I start a game and do canvas.popDialog(newMessageHud); in the console, nothing happens.  The engine checks internally if a gui is awake before attempting to pop it so there must be more to it than that.
Ah, Well try pop'ing the closed gui from a script...Then you get the error :D

If you hit T to talk, then just hit enter, and not type any thing, it gives me that error. the "pop" thing.

I'd help, but I managed to type 'NoShiftMoveMap.delete();' in the console to see what happens and it stopped me from using tools or the paint cans in Blockland.
So I restarted Blockland and the problem remains.

Badspot

• Administrator
If you hit T to talk, then just hit enter, and not type any thing, it gives me that error. the "pop" thing.
I cannot duplicate this.  Please type trace(1); in the console, get this to happen, the post your console.log

I'd help, but I managed to type 'NoShiftMoveMap.delete();' in the console to see what happens and it stopped me from using tools or the paint cans in Blockland.
So I restarted Blockland and the problem remains.

After a bit of playing around, I noticed..

If you're typing or anything that has your mouse not moving your player's view, and you get disconnected from the server, something weird happens.

It fixed my problem too.

But the problem made me not be able to use the mouse to click on chat links, and it didn't fix it, but it fixed the other stuff. Infact, I can't click on links even with a GUI up. I don't know if you could before, but still.

I'd say to check IGSO for some stuff.

Edit: Added stuff.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2008, 02:31:47 PM by Dyed Brownie »