Author Topic: A run button please :D  (Read 832 times)

Just for those levels where they take away your jet shoes. Running could help a lot. Foot races to :cookie:o. And....jumping farther? Obstacle courses!....

Yeah just some examples. So Think about it please.

I want Half-Life-like stuff, like shift to sprint, ctrl to crouch, ctrl + jump is a long jump.

If someone just made a player type where walking is double your normal speed instead of half or whatever it is now, that'd be epic.
So for me at least, it would be shift to sprint, control to crouch. And control+jump is... crouch jump. You don't go further though. :(

What if there's a player type where you keep pressing two keys repeatedly to run faster?

mini game>player type>quake-player

What if there's a player type where you keep pressing two keys repeatedly to run faster?
A scripter then comes along as has a seriously unfair advantage.

A scripter then comes along as has a seriously unfair advantage.
You can type fast and not script at all and still be good at it.

I can see in the datablock a way to have "minimum energy to run", but that would start taking your energy if you moved at all without remembering to hold C. I didn't look through it fully, so if there's a walk speed option and energy to walk it might work - run normally or faster with a specific button.

Idea: Non-regenerating energy as health and "run" energy - F-Zero style "boost"?