Author Topic: Password Events  (Read 23221 times)

I've did something small, completely edited out the thing, then acted like it was never there and been banned for 2 weeks. I guess I'll report you for the same reason.

i have no idea what you just said, but i think im hungry.

How about the first thing you say after clicking it is the input for the password?

any way that the password entry feild and the GUI can both be used. Forexample, it will allow you to enter via chat, untill you either: A. You do (as it does now) or B. It is filled out Via the GUI, allowing both?
It could be done by making the GUI call the same command.
Why is everyone against me? Ephialtes said this is being executed externally, which means events doesn't need to be part of this. Defeats the point of events being done by the brick itself (held internally)

[Tired of being bitched at]You know what? I can be a bitch about this, too. I bet this is going in the loving Fail-Bin for generic commands for pass. Fooly may have some RPG that has /passwords for his stuff, people may have trust mods with /password.[/Tired of being bitched at]
Oh right. The fact that it uses an external command just makes all that OnPassword not an event at all. I mean, what could you possibly do to those players and bricks with that OnPassword? I should make a new mod that just fake kills the brick, taking out pretty well every other possibility, and then stuffing up the peoples' folders with external saves.

I'll inform Fooly of this, I'm sure we could talk normally about this. Unlike you trying to blindly defend Ephi when you clearly don't know what you're talking about.

these are gona be so useful

I think you should change /password to /p... because its too long to type.

CUKIEZ  :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie:

Oh right, I just had a sudden realization yesterday.
What are you guys talking about that these are called externally?
Are you saying Player::onTrigger, Player::onCollision, Projectile::onCollision, Player::onEnterLiquid, fxDTSBrick::respawn, FxDTSBrick::kill, and some others, are all directly built into events?

i cant use this  :panda: ... its forgeted up bad plz plz plz plz fix it i bed you

Can you tell me what the problem is?
Also, have you installed it correctly?
Are you running the correct version of Blockland?
Have you enabled it?
Did you have blockland open when you installed it?
Did you restart blockland if you had it open?
I need info, because it works for me, and many other people.

Events are supposed to be locally called, not called by other commands that use generalized variables.

I'm not sure what you mean by that.

Even though the event is within the brick, you have a /command call it. Plus, it gets the brick and ifs they are doing from vars that could....

Ok:
Code: [Select]
function fxDTSBrick::Password(%brick,%arg1,%client)
{
%player = %client.player;
[b]if(%player.isenteringpassword == true)
return;[/b]
%player.brickpassword = getword(%arg1,0);
%player.passbrick = %brick;
if(%player.brickpassword $= "")
%brick.onPassword(%client);
%player.isenteringpassword = true;
messageclient(%client,'',"Enter password. <color:ffffff>[ /password thepass ]");
}
With this, if you start the enter password and forget, you'll be entering it to the old brick

And if the brick has an onIncorrect>player>kill, it will be extremely annoying.

Oh! I requested it just yesturday.

So i need to say good job.

Oh as if onPlayerTouch>player>kill isn't?

And yes, I do realize that is a problem. I'll add a timeout and a variable for distance limit.

Oh as if onPlayerTouch>player>kill isn't?
You don't get the point, if you forgot you started putting in a password and forget, this can't overwrite the old brick with the new and then when you enter password, it will be incorrect.

You don't need it to stop if they already were, if would overwrite the old stuff with the new brick anyway.