Author Topic: Question about Gmod and Counter Strike  (Read 3464 times)

If I get a game then gift it away, can I still use the props for Gmod? I Want gmod, and it seems tons of servers use CS:S stuff, but I don't really want Counter Strike at all.

no.
Just keep CS:S...It is not like it will force you to play it...

Dude, you can't gift games you buy as a non-gift.

ok if you have steam and you got Gmod you need halflife 2 and CSS to play ok not hard i use to play it but i got bord of it

ok if you have steam and you got Gmod you need halflife 2 and CSS to play ok not hard i use to play it but i got bord of it
No, you need one Source game, also COKS.

you need halflife 2 and CSS to play
Wrong.
Only need ONE Source game.

GMod 9 was the one that needed CSS, HL2, and HL2dm.

If anyone has an extra copy of CSS they don't want/don't want anything for, you know what my SteamID is. :D

Yeah, I have 1.6, not good enough.

If I get a game then gift it away, can I still use the props for Gmod? I Want gmod, and it seems tons of servers use CS:S stuff, but I don't really want Counter Strike at all.

Didn't read the rest of the topic, but Gmod now runs on it own, the engine is built in.

i thought you needed one source game to play gmod 10 which is why you can buy it with cs:s

completely wrong. you dont need HL or CS, you jsut need a scource game.asmany have said.

Since the new Steam engine came out (the one on the Orange Box games), you don't need a source game. I can prove it to you, as well.

Notice I don't have anything else installed.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2008, 06:45:07 PM by Altiarch »

You also have WAY too many programs running.