Author Topic: Roblox is getting some nice ads.  (Read 4705 times)

They show some user generated maps on it too.
Need moar kinds of blockland ads.

May I suggest google adwords on tv?

Its rather cheap now. I've heard storys of people winning bids of $1.50 per thousand impressions.
You could air it on adult swim at 11:00 in your hometown to test it out.

Badspot said before that it is not the cost of TV ads that is the reason he hasn't been looking into them, he already spend a giant amount on internet ads.  It's the problem that it would be hard to make successful commercials because the ad makers would not be able to fully get a hang of the game and wouldn't make an ad that shows off the full of Bl's potential.

Badspot said before that it is not the cost of TV ads that is the reason he hasn't been looking into them, he already spend a giant amount on internet ads.  It's the problem that it would be hard to make successful commercials because the ad makers would not be able to fully get a hang of the game and wouldn't make an ad that shows off the full of Bl's potential.

Maybe he should host a contest for "1337" id?
Best ad wins?

How about not.

I think the best idea would be to have community member submit various content the ad workers could work with.  All content would have to be polished (ie: events shouldn't be just what is necessary, but have decoration around it.) so that the ad workers wouldn't have to actually create any content, but just select what is coolest, and make Blockland look good.  Also, you shouldn't get any prizes for getting your piece chosen.  Think of the epic builds for v9, the fact that your piece was chosen should be gratification enough.

Although I do realize this is good for badspot, I don't like the large amounts of players... I don't get to hang around with friends that much anymore and 80% of the current servers are stuff.

If I just had time I would help Badspot on his ads.

Rather than using ad makers, we could just have BL veterans do it.

The thing is there is allot of thought that goes into commercials, thats why people actually get an education in doing them.  Any armatures could barely hope to make a commercial that competes with one that an ad company could make.

i made 1, i think its a keeper(pay no attention to the dan-ball background scheme to the right of the advertisement)

i made 1, i think its a keeper(pay no attention to the dan-ball background scheme to the right of the advertisement)

<snip>
Yeah that's how I found blockland I was playing this game: http://www.dan-ball.jp/en/javagame/dust (it's actually fun :O) Also same ad:

I asked Badspot about it and I explained it as "The NASA guy falling from the sky with the build under him"(because he was wearing the outfit of the minifig) and he just said "What."  :cookieMonster: