Author Topic: Conditional Events  (Read 11985 times)

Epic, i made an event where when you say "THIS IS MADNESS" On a plate, you get impulsed into a hole while in the console it says "THIS IS SPARTA"

These are great, but you need to have Oncondition1pass>Client>blah>blah

Warning - while you were reading a new reply has been posted. You may wish to review your post.
I got that when I didn't even type anything! :cookieMonster:

I think having multiple onConditionPass# statements is silly.  Either use one and use it craftily, or find another solution.

Very useful. Downloaded.

This seems a bit impractical. Some of Traders Events suggestions could be applied here to make it not impractical, but those suggestions are generalized and rather...I dunno, lost my train of thought o.o
Very useful. Downloaded.
Stop writing in colors before I smash your head open and feed the few bits of brain to labrats.

I'd rather just be able to put parameters into the input event so you could have
INPUT 'onPrintEquals', "5", TARGET, OUPUT, OUTPUT Params but that would need a rewrite of the event system.
And having more than 1 condition is necessary incase you have more than one result - ie. you want to be able to open a door by saying "open" and close it by saying "close".
But thanks for the feedback. I wanted to work more on it anyway like adding more conditions etc.

I'd rather just be able to put parameters into the input event so you could have
INPUT 'onPrintEquals', "5", TARGET, OUPUT, OUTPUT Params but that would need a rewrite of the event system.
And having more than 1 condition is necessary incase you have more than one result - ie. you want to be able to open a door by saying "open" and close it by saying "close".
But thanks for the feedback. I wanted to work more on it anyway like adding more conditions etc.
I suggested an idea like this for input events: A choosable "option" which could appear below the event selector, like how the list appears below <NAMED BRICK>.

onPrintSet -> [ABC...Z 123...9 !?.#]
onProjectileHit -> [ANY Gun Bullet Radio Wave Pong ...]
etc.

Dunno if this is bumping, but either I have a severe problem or bug or such with this Add-On, or I just can't get this to work.

I'm working on my Submarine build, and I need to get a button to check another brick for a condition, but it doesn't appear to work. I've already tried all methods, and I'm sure the condition isn't even being checked because I set it when it failed, it was supposed to play an error noise so I know if the condition was correct or not. No noise played, neither the effect if it succeeded.

Here is a picture of the events:

This is a problem, anyway to fix it?
« Last Edit: August 29, 2008, 04:51:43 PM by Xana »

I'm pretty sure this is because you are checking the condition on a named brick - you need to put the onConditionPass onto 'ENGINE_STATUS2' for this to work, although I can't run blockland at the moment to check.

YESSSSSSSSS
This is just epic dude this is the one thing I needed most of all =D
Conditional Branches are pwn, now we can make like...
RPG's and stuff.

Too confusing...
Not DL'ing...
Sorry. :panda:

Could you make it OnConditionPass [###], and OnConditionFail [###]?

There is no way to set options for the input events currently, so no.

hey idk if im doing this wrong or not. but i had a door brick (not a JVS door, just a regular brick) and a plate right before it. I had the door named "Door" and the plate was not named. On the plate i put:

OnPlayerTouch - Self - OnTalkEquals - "open" - 1
OnCondition1Pass - [Door] - SetRendering - [off]
OnCondition1Pass - [Door] - SetColliding - [off]
OnPlayerTouch - Self - OnTalkEquals - "close" - 2
OnCondition2Pass - [Door] - SetRendering - [on]
OnCondition2Pass - [Door] - SetColliding - [on]

Now when i said "open" on the plate, the door opened. But when i said "close", it did not close. If im doing this wrong please let me know.