Author Topic: Conditional Events  (Read 11984 times)

Dont use 'onPlayerTouch' for the input - you would need to retouch the brick every time.  Use 'onPlayerTalk', it comes with http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=40948.0

Help, Im kind of making a DDR for my Arcade, in my Theme Park, Blocko World. I decided to make it so that there are 3 columns that are called DDR_Blue DDR_Red And DDR_Yellow. Its sorta looking like guitar hero only with three notes. Now, I tried this, but It didnt work. Can you help? I used randomprint then onprint to make it random buttons, all onrelay down. If you want to, please come to my server and help. Heres the print brick with events that is sort of the engine of the DDR.

this and teh random # event = lol :cookieMonster:

for a while thought this was nearly balderdash until i paid more attetion now i kinda get it

These events will allow you to check wether a brick has a certain color or print and also if the player has said a particular phrase.

How to use:
Simply put one of the ouput events on a brick and a coresponding 'onConditionX__' input event.

The first parameter is what to check for - ie. For 'onPrintEquals' it would be 'A' or '4' and for 'onColorEquals' it will be a color.

The second parameter is which condition to use - these events can check on 1 of 3 inputs.  For instance if you put '2' then the event would fire 'onCondition2Pass' if it did equal and 'onCondition2Fail' if it didn't.

Tips:
The 'onTalkEquals' is best to use with the 'onPlayerTalk' input.
You can cause the event to check continuously by putting it on a relay and making the brick fire its own relay after a small delay (make sure you put in a delay though or you will lag)

Save the zip file to Add-Ons (sorry about mediafire)
http://www.mediafire.com/?ddijzyn9yyw

ps. to coders - I also have a 'onRelayEquals' but for some reason it causes relays to not work so i've commented it - if anyone can tell me how to fix it i'll repost the addon

By the way I forgot to credit Headcrab Zombie - I did modify the ifPrintThenRelay script. Thanks
i dont mind medfire infact i love it that way i kow it doesnt have any bugs whatsoever

Very useful. Downloaded.
pease stop typing in color i hate it because one time everyone on the forum(on a different site,the topic was taken down anyway.)everyone was talking in color and it gave me a headache. ((O.O))

pease stop typing in color i hate it because one time everyone on the forum(on a different site,the topic was taken down anyway.)everyone was talking in color and it gave me a headache. ((O.O))
You did a month and a week bump just to complain about font color... -_-

You did a month and a week bump just to complain about font color... -_-
:B durr...

I suggested an idea like this for input events: A choosable "option" which could appear below the event selector, like how the list appears below <NAMED BRICK>.

onPrintSet -> [ABC...Z 123...9 !?.#]
onProjectileHit -> [ANY Gun Bullet Radio Wave Pong ...]
etc.

Sadly that topic is too old. However, its a great idea that must be implemented.