Author Topic: Variable/Conditional Events (V.4)  (Read 61549 times)

I was thinking could you maybe add a droppable variable? Sorta like on Ibans city rp.
What?

Features list of v5 so far:
MsgVariable stuff has been deleted. You now use normal message functions then add this in too display a variables value: <variable:Client/Player/Brick:variablename> there's also special variables, but we'll talk about that later.
Other stuff :/

Any suggestions would be great.

Destiny have you played Iban city rp there is a script where when your player dies he drops all of his money I was thinking it would be kind of nice to have this for use with variables.

It already contains this.
Player loses variables on death whereas client remembers them the whole stay on the server.

But I mean where as the variable lays on the ground using the brick weapon model. Mainly so players can pick it back up.

It would be cool if you could choose an item to carry a variable, but I don't know how that'd work.

Ideally, the mod should be redone or changed to only allow variables to be set according to the brick group - as in, them incrementing their own "money" variable using a brick they've made has no impact on the amount of money they have in yours for the RPG.
Do this.

Yeah that be sorta nice but then you would need a way to have people buy things...

Edit: Ignore this I read it wrong.

MsgVariable stuff has been deleted.

Wait, so your saying that there will be no message variable events in the next patch?

can someone make a mining event for this?
if so PM me the event thing for me to use :D

wow what a noob FOR MINING MOD

first

Kunits Mod

2nd

[on active]    [player]   [add variable]    [copper]    [1]

[on active     [client]     [center print]   [you hack at the stone and get 1 copper and 10 exp]

[on active]    [self[        [disappear]    [15]

[on active      [player]    [add variable]   [exp]  [10]

wow what a noob FOR MINING MOD

first

Kunits Mod

2nd

[on active]    [player]   [add variable]    [copper]    [1]

[on active     [client]     [center print]   [you hack at the stone and get 1 copper and 10 exp]

[on active]    [self[        [disappear]    [15]

[on active      [player]    [add variable]   [exp]  [10]
how will the experience help me at all?

You now use normal message functions then add this in too display a variables value: <variable:Client/Player/Brick:variablename> there's also special variables, but we'll talk about that later.
Awesome, I was just stopping by to suggest this very feature.

With truces variables you have to load them? I liked it better when they automatically loaded :/

They never automatically loaded.
And also, automatically loading may cause problems, like if you wanted to try out a new build, but everyones' keycount variable is already like 20, so they can get right though the new build. If you deleted the saved variables, everything else would be lost, and what if you wanted to switch back?
What if you hosted a freebuild and someone changed their keycount? It would automatically load once the server goes back to GENERIC BLRPG SERVER.

They never automatically loaded.
And also, automatically loading may cause problems, like if you wanted to try out a new build, but everyones' keycount variable is already like 20, so they can get right though the new build. If you deleted the saved variables, everything else would be lost, and what if you wanted to switch back?
What if you hosted a freebuild and someone changed their keycount? It would automatically load once the server goes back to GENERIC BLRPG SERVER.
Wait what. My old RPG used v3 of these variables and it automatically loaded :o
Just thought of some advantages :D
I can finally set spawn points <3
« Last Edit: February 28, 2009, 03:16:38 PM by Colten »