Author Topic: Variable/Conditional Events (V.4)  (Read 61544 times)

-Snip-

No.
You must set the variable type as "Brick."
Then this should work.

This thing has invented midevil rpg's YAY. Chrono, you have given birth to a new era of fun. Its a girl.

I've set the type to brick, still won't work...

Hey um exactly how do you make variables?

We need a loadallvariables option :(

We need this to get stickied.

I have a request. Can you make something that allows people to make variables and set them with chat?

ie: Player1: -setvar TestName the rest of the words here are what it equals.

Would be great.

Yea, but any server using variables could be easily manipulated, and cheated out of.

We need a loadallvariables option :(
Talk to truce
I have a request. Can you make something that allows people to make variables and set them with chat?

ie: Player1: -setvar TestName the rest of the words here are what it equals.

Would be great.
Thanks to clockturn in version 5 you can use <var:type:name> to put that value in any message event or variable events (including ifvariable). Fortunately you can also use special variables, like <var:special:lastChatMessage>.

Also the sub system I mentioned will be in version 6 (I will need to put more work into it) and the variables are no longer global, and are stored in brick groups. I would like to integrate some sort of auto saving system to do with brick save files but I'll work that out later. I'll talk later about how users who have additions to vce already can fix up their mods before release.

how would u create a team dethmatch spawning system?? (i couldnt figure it out)

how would u create a team dethmatch spawning system?? (i couldnt figure it out)
It's not that hard. Make a 'Team' variable on the Client (onActivate > Client > SetVariable(Team,1/2/3/4)) and then use variable checks on four different bricks to teleport them to the right spawns.

Make four 1x1Fs, set their names to the same thing. (TeamCheck)
Make their events thus:
OnRelay > Self > IfVariable(Client, Team, Equals, 1)
VariableTrue > Named Brick(Team1Spawn) > SetPlayerTransform(Player)

Then, at the spawn point:
OnPlayerTouch > Named Brick(TeamCheck) > FireRelay

Then make some kind of team selector.

... I  really dont understand what to do with this... can you make a loop of events?