Author Topic: Psi-Ops: The Mindgate Conspiracy  (Read 1096 times)

Psi-Ops: The Mindgate Conspiracy

Yes, that is a crate being hurled into someone's face.

I only recently found out that this game is free, but there is only a mild catch; You have to watch a brief ad when you launch the game, and after you exit the game.

Some of you may remember this game, and even if you don't, you should give this a try.

Brief gameplay video.

Oh and, you will probably have a tough time throwing things with TK like I did. You have to lift the object with TK, release the TK button, and then quickly move the mouse in the direction you want said object to go.

Link: http://files.filefront.com/Psi+Ops+The+Mindgate+Conspiracy+Full+Client/;10665315;/fileinfo.html
Trainerin case you get fed up.: http://www.gamershell.com/download_10189.shtml (I haven't tested this.)

Troubleshooting:
-If you have laggy controls, you probably have an ATI video card like me, and you have to either shut down that ATI thing in the toolbar, or set the game's process to normal or anything below it.

-If you have Avast!, you will have problems with it. Specifically, it catches it as a false positive (It shows up as a virus but it really isn't.). Also a quote; "Fileplanet is offering Psi-Ops: The Mindgate Conspiracy free but in order for it to be free it is ad supported.  Avast is detecting a sample of Win32:JunkPoly [Cryp] in the executable which is probably the ads.  When I googled this problem I found that apparently only avast is detecting this which leads me to believe that this might be a false positive.  I can run the game if I disable the standard shield which I don't mind but I thought this should be checked out anyway.  Thanks."  Add the game to the exclusions list or whatever. I did a virus scan and it came out clean, and I'm using Windows Live OneCare.

Yeah, I know I posted this verbatim in the Freeware Games thread, but I felt that the game deserved its own thread.

Oh, and I just finished a video of it; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOb6jJcvzEY

Just yesterday I was digging through my games to try and find a demo I had of this game. I can't believe it's free!

oh my God, you were right that this needed its own thread. This looks pwnsome!

I loved this game. Oh so fun. Favorite power was mind control. Get some sniper dude to kill his team mates then shoot himself in the head. Whenever it went to that alternate dimensional beings thingy kinda bugged me.

From what I've heard, you can't do mind control Self Delete in the PC version. :\

The Co op was interesting...

From what I've heard, you can't do mind control Self Delete in the PC version. :\
Its cool. In PS2, I think you did it by pressing R3 and L3 at the same time then your guy went "NOOO!!! AHHH!" or soemthing and would kneel down on his gun and blow his head off. You can't brain drain him afterwards sadly.

i has it for ps2 love the song.

i has it for ps2 love the song.
offtopic: Your avvi is teh pwn you do know that correct?
ontopic: Wow this loks like a good game o.o
I have to go soon (school starts today) and so I don't have time to watch the vid.
Would someone mind telling me if this has like super extreme amounts of blood? =D

You can crush someone's skull, burn their bodies black, and gib them.