Massive 4-player pong

Author Topic: Massive 4-player pong  (Read 2267 times)

This is a 4-player pong game with AIs and teams.  This was my first major wrench event project.  Everyone starts out on their own platform and when the ball hits the paddle it goes to the opposing team's pong board.  To activate the AI just place the horse on the platform.  The first team to 100 wins!!

That little black box in the corner contains the on and off switch which is protected by an admin only door.  The big black boxes in front of the player boards is the randomness factor for where your pong balls spawn and where the AI makes its "mistake."  You can tell who is on what team by the color of the little post on the side of the platforms.  When a team win this flashes, to get it to stop just click it.  To reset the score just turn it on.  Whenever a winner is decided the game automatically shuts off stopping incrementing score.

The overall difficulty of the game depends on the average skill level of all the players.  The better the players are the harder the game will be.  Then AI play like the average player and can be good competition.

Download:
http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=728d07bfec709a2dd2db6fb9a8902bda
« Last Edit: September 07, 2008, 02:44:49 PM by PJ Boy »

sounds interesting, do ye think you could post a save?

Warning - while you were typing a new reply has been posted. You may wish to review your post.

I could make one soon but I am running my server with this now. :)

I could make one soon but I am running my server with this now. :)

:D

<Hops on Blockland, no really>

Wow that was really sweet.

it reminds me of guitar hero.

Plus the A.I. system is nice!

Swicked

Wut?

Next up is a horse RTS (if you call it that).  This is in the design stages (in otherwords it's still in my head,) but it should include two small horses per team, obstacles, exploding obstacles and goal posts which increment your score.

Next up is a horse RTS (if you call it that).  This is in the design stages (in otherwords it's still in my head,) but it should include two small horses per team, obstacles, exploding obstacles and goal posts which increment your score.

:D

tried to make this once, long story short, I got bored before I got to the events part.

I've run into a problem with the on/off button.  I can fix but it may take a while.  Then I will post a bls save.

Problem fixed will post save as soon as possible.

Updated, added invisible wall to protect people from interfiering.  Also the bls save is on.