Author Topic: How do you use map2dif?  (Read 3052 times)

I downloaded the program but when I click it nothing happens. Is there a problem?

your sapose to merge the .map and it will convert it to .dif.

What? That didn't make a lick of sense.

And by the way where do I download misson editor?

you probably don't need it

PeacfulWar what do you mean "Merge the .map"?

ok... Drag and drop the .map onto the map2dif application. It should make .dif version

ok... Drag and drop the .map onto the map2dif application. It should make .dif version
He thinks map2dif is a construction program.

Map2Dif is a converter. It is used for changing .map files into .dif. You cannot make things with Map2Dif.

map2dif is an exporter. It doesn't have any interface at all. Basically, when you start it up, you're telling it to do the set of instructions you sent to it. Since you haven't given it any instructions, it just closes. There are two ways to get it to do what you want:

a. Get a program like Quark or Torque Constructor to do it for you. This is easy and highly recommended.
b. Use the command prompt. There are instructions on how to do this here.

As for installing map2dif, depending on what program you are using, it is different. Torque Constructor automatically sets it up for you. You can get Torque Constructor here. If you are using quark, follow this tutorial.

Tutorials for using both Torque Constructor and Quark can be found all over the Internet. I know Quark has video tutorials that cover everything from making a map to exporting it to loading it in Torque. I don't know about Torque Constructor, but it is easier to learn. It also handles 3d rendering a lot better than Quark. If you want complicated shapes like a sphere or torus, Quark is your best bet. Torque Constructor hates them. I use both, and frequently move interiors in progress back and forth between them to do different things.

And by the way great explaination Wedge. Topic Locked.