Author Topic: Somebody Help, I cant Put Add-Ons into my game.  (Read 1017 times)

They arent Zip or Rar, or whatever file they should be, they are folders. And I cant choose to place them when I click on Add-Ons before I host. Please, help!

1: Open Add-On's topic
2: Hit Download link
3: If link doesn't start download, click the download button on the next page.
4: Save the .zip to Blockland\Add-Ons\
5: Start Blockland
6: Hit "Start Game"
7: Click "Add-Ons"
8: Check off the box with the Add-On's name next to it.

Okay, heres what I'm doing. Correct me.

Opening the Blockland Folder.

Going to Add-Ons.

Compressing the Folder-Files into ZIPs.

Trying to use them, it doesnt work.

Do I remove the folders?

Okay, heres what I'm doing. Correct me.

Opening the Blockland Folder.

Going to Add-Ons.

Compressing the Folder-Files into ZIPs.NO (whateva that means)

Trying to use them, it doesnt work.

Do I remove the folders? NO
um you should be able to tell if you have done it wrong or not if the add-ons didn't show up but i corrected the other things.

did you save the add-ons? if you savwed them to add-ons in main blockland folder than it didn't work

just look around until you find all programs then find Blockland then go in it double click on add-ons and click save.
then go into BL (the game) and start game then add-ons then tick off the add-on you downloaded then START GAME!

now you have an add-on

Quote from:  myself
um you should be able to tell if you have done it wrong or not if the add-ons didn't show up but i corrected the other things.

did you save the add-ons? if you savwed them to add-ons in main blockland folder than it didn't work

just look around until you find all programs then find Blockland then go in it double click on add-ons and click save.
then go into BL (the game) and start game then add-ons then tick off the add-on you downloaded then START GAME!

now you have an add-on

oh and if it says (filename) already exists to you fish to overwrite it? just click yes cuz you wouldn't have downloaded it agian if you did it wrong

You shouldn't be putting folders into .zip's. They should already be in .zips. If they aren't you aren't installing Add-ons.

dont unzip add ons, just place the exe in the add on folder, nuff said

dont unzip add ons, just place the exe in the add on folder, nuff said
If an add-on is in exe format, you're doing it wrong.

If you have non-zip folders in your Add-Ons directory, that means one of two things.

1. You installed them wrong.
2. You went on someone else's server and they had an add-on. This makes a folder for that add-on. This is normal. You don't need to delete it.

2. You went on someone else's server and they had an add-on. This makes a folder for that add-on. This is normal. You don't need to delete it.
Don't forget "These files are not the full Add-On's, only the parts YOU need to actually see them ingame.