GSF Maps

Poll

Which maps do you want to be converted to bricks?

Play Ground
8 (2.8%)
Autumn
3 (1.1%)
Warehouse
2 (0.7%)
Blocko Airlines
9 (3.2%)
Flatbed
1 (0.4%)
Attic
4 (1.4%)
Mike’s House
14 (4.9%)
Ghost’s House
8 (2.8%)
Christmas
0 (0%)
Blocko Forest
7 (2.5%)
Serenity
2 (0.7%)
Thin Ice
3 (1.1%)
Lake
2 (0.7%)
Desert Oasis
2 (0.7%)
Yellow Fields
3 (1.1%)
Ocean
2 (0.7%)
Tranquility
2 (0.7%)
GSF Paradise
115 (40.5%)
New York City
47 (16.5%)
California
18 (6.3%)
Remote Island
5 (1.8%)
Bad Dream
9 (3.2%)
Miami
18 (6.3%)

Total Members Voted: 284

Author Topic: GSF Maps  (Read 526120 times)

I think that a jungle map would be cool.

Id like a orient-themed map. There's not too many of those. But a western-themed map would be cool too.

A mini-fig scale forest or a tropical place.

you need to make a map thats for DM like a perfect DM arena but make it able to be built on
Isn't that what bricks are for? lol

I have a idea.

Try to "make" Washington D.C. or a race track. We seriously need one race track.
No more cities they take too long to make and I run into so many problems with them. I heard Aphtonites is reviving his race track, plus Blue Hell in NYC is a techno punk-inspired racetrack. But, I may work on some surreal racetracks (i.e. like from the game Extreme-G and the new movie Speed Racer), depending on how many downloads the other new maps get.

could u make spongebobs pineapple (lol)
o_0

Quote from the poll...
:D
lol, well I mean a small room with a lot of detail, kinda like the default Bedroom but with more realistic textures, geometry, secret areas, etc.

Id like a orient-themed map. There's not too many of those. But a western-themed map would be cool too.
A western-themed map would be interesting. And what kind of orient-themed map?

A mini-fig scale forest or a tropical place.
The forest map was a lot of fun with zombies, although it lagged somewhat. For the tropical map I'm thinking of making a condo with a view of the beach. If anyone has other ideas let me know.

I would probably like something like the hills and cornfield of the plainlands or maybe a forest with huge mountains, so pretty much I want a really cool exploration map

Hamburgers...... Mmmmmm  :cookieMonster: 

The forest map was a lot of fun with zombies, although it lagged somewhat. For the tropical map I'm thinking of making a condo with a view of the beach. If anyone has other ideas let me know.
Two things:
1. Can you walk on the trees?
2. What made it laggy?

I would probably like something like the hills and cornfield of the plainlands or maybe a forest with huge mountains, so pretty much I want a really cool exploration map
Well the forest map I'm working on will be great for exploring, I'm just trying to find a balance for fog - like should you be able to see clearly into the distance, or should there be thick fog to build suspence? Thicker fog is more fun, but it's hard to see where you're going.

Hamburgers...... Mmmmmm  :cookieMonster: 
none for you...

Two things:
1. Can you walk on the trees?
2. What made it laggy?
No you can't walk on them, plus I have to disable any collision on them.
It wasn't really the number of trees that lagged, I had 3,000+ with a decent framerate. When I resize them though then it lags. I'm trying out differen't techniques to reduce lag however, such as reducing the texture quality on the trees.

I wish i could start on my map "Aphtonites's Room" D:
You make me jealous, Ghost.
But nice maps anyway :D

I think you should release more maps btw Great maps 94-100
94 cookies  :cookie: X 94

No you can't walk on them, plus I have to disable any collision on them.
It wasn't really the number of trees that lagged, I had 3,000+ with a decent framerate. When I resize them though then it lags. I'm trying out differen't techniques to reduce lag however, such as reducing the texture quality on the trees.
Okay, here are some ideas:

1. Thick fog in some areas, thin fog in others.
2. Small holes and pits in the ground.
3. A cave with tunnels, hidden behind some trees.
4. A lake.

I wish i could start on my map "Aphtonites's Room" D:
You make me jealous, Ghost.
But nice maps anyway :D
Why can't you start on it? lol don't be jealous; if you need help with anything let me know and I'll try to help. Blockland needs more mappers. And thanks :)

I think you should release more maps btw Great maps 94-100
94 cookies  :cookie: X 94
Thanks, and there are three new ones on the way.

Okay, here are some ideas:

1. Thick fog in some areas, thin fog in others.
2. Small holes and pits in the ground.
3. A cave with tunnels, hidden behind some trees.
4. A lake.
With Torque fog that's hard to do, so I need to choose one.  And I'm not going to put in any terrain deformation that will cause zombies to get stuck. I'm thinking of making a large-scale forest with lots of small cities to find and hide out in for zombie game types.

What about the lake and cave? Are you for/against that? Also, I mean small holes like in the Assault map. Zombies can go up and down almost as easily as walking normally.

I'd like to see a Left 4 Dead (No Mercy Campaign) map. That would be fun with zombies.