Author Topic: Thinking of getting a new computer  (Read 4741 times)

Here's a computer design I made earlier! Just put it in the oven order it and put it together.

https://secure.newegg.com/WishList/MySavedWishDetail.aspx?ID=9526966
Have to login to see it, or you messed up. Either way, I forgot my login.

link failure

I made it public...but I can't see the public link for it...where do I find it?

EDIT: I think theres a waiting period for public lists. Anyway, I will email it to you.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2008, 09:36:01 PM by Reactor Worker »

I made it public...but I can't see the public link for it...where do I find it?
No clue, but I made an account anyways so its ok.

Ok, I sent the list to you. Check your junk mail folder, it may be in there.

I'm thinking of ducks.
Go away. This isn't a topic for spam.

When I was typing my last message my cat walked on the keyboard and must have checked the lock topic. Anyways, do I need to know anything such as soldering to build my computer?

Then how does everything fit together?

1.open up your current computer. yes you can do this while it's on.
2.notice lots of plugs and sockets
3.????????
4.PROFIT!!!

Beware of shock-look up guides to rid thyself of it.

Other then that, its just one plug into another, its quite easy, just read the intructions.

Then how does everything fit together?
Computer hardware is designed to be easily installed. Each part has a certain type of connector and will only fit in that type of slot. If the part doesn't fit easily it probably doesn't go there. The only thing you might have a hard time with is the power supply and motherboard, but just make sure you read the instructions for them clearly. They will tell you what cable plugs into what slot.

And since you haven't done this before, beware static charge. Make sure you ground yourself every time you touch a new piece. If you accidentally discharge into a piece of hardware you can damage the circuitry. Although it may not completely ruin it, it will suffer a shorter life span.

Scape off a bit of the paint on the inside of your case untill you see bare metal. Touch that every minute or so, and try not to move much. Do  it on a wood floor or on concrete, in a dry place. a basement would be good.