Author Topic: Thinking of getting a new computer  (Read 4740 times)

Scape off a bit of the paint on the inside of your case untill you see bare metal. Touch that every minute or so, and try not to move much. Do  it on a wood floor or on concrete, in a dry place. a basement would be good.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antistatic_wrist_strap

I don't use one personally, but you're supposed to.

Also it is late and I'm not thinking straight, I don't think it does what he was referring to (discharging so you don't forget up your equipment)
« Last Edit: September 15, 2008, 12:50:05 AM by Altiarch »

Also it is late and I'm not thinking straight, I don't think it does what he was referring to (discharging so you don't forget up your equipment)
You're not

Just avoid carpet and you should be ok.

If you are going to ground youself, do it the proper way. If you are attaching yourself to the case, makesure the case is grounded too (this can be achieved by plugging the powersupply into the wall).

So, have you ordered the parts yet?

Make sure you ground yourself on clean metal surfaces, paint doesn't conduct electricity very well, and thus will not discharge any static.

Make sure you ground yourself on clean metal surfaces, paint doesn't conduct electricity very well, and thus will not discharge any static.

I found this funny. :cookieMonster:

I don't know, it just is.

So, have you ordered the parts yet?
No, my mom won't let me because she thinks we should just upgrade our crappy laptop.

people upgrade laptops? what a waste

Thanks for all your help guys. Even though I won't be able to get a new computer for about a year unless my dad lets me get one.

Thanks for all your help guys. Even though I won't be able to get a new computer for about a year unless my dad lets me get one.

You could mow a forget-ton of lawns. He would have no right to control what you spend your hard-earned cash on. If you were to do this, I would recommend going for a slightly cheaper build; perhaps $600.

You could mow a forget-ton of lawns. He would have no right to control what you spend your hard-earned cash on. If you were to do this, I would recommend going for a slightly cheaper build; perhaps $600.
I live in the desert... no lawns here.