Author Topic: ToolWand(TW)  (Read 23091 times)

ToolWand
Version 2.0b

Description:
This is the toolwand some of you knew for V8, I ported it, added some features and fixed some bugs. Also, now it uses it's own type of add-ons so everyone can use ToolWand tools in their add-ons, they just need to add a twlist.txt. Look at the add-ons for the toolwand for more info. This has an optional GUI that is mostly for the host, so he can edit who has access to what tools. Defaults are set in the tools themselves. These edited access levels are saved too.

Info:
-Switch tools with Light, defaulted to L.
-You don't NEED the client add-on due to switching using light.

Screenshot:
GUI: (Note that this list is determined by the installed tools.)

Features:
  • Saves a considerable ammount of datablocks. (Imagine all these tools with seprate datablocks.)
  • You can add your own tools using it's extensible system.(They won't have a datablock count too.)
  • You can add these tools to your own add-ons, just include a twlist.txt.

Tools:
(Install like a normal add-on.)

{Default tools}
Description:
The default tools from the V8 ToolWand.
Tools:
  • Mass Destructo Clears loads of bricks in an area.
  • Fill Printer This is like the fillcan but with prints.
  • Get owner Gets the owner of the specific brick.
  • Impulse An impulse wand. (This is just for fun)

Download: Default ToolPack

{PaintMonsters}
Description:
These are the paintmonsters from V8, they paint the bricks they are on.
This is great for anthills and stuff.
They even battle PaintMonsters of other colors. (50% Success Rate)
Tools:
  • PaintMonster wand Creates the paintmonsters.

Download: PaintMonsters Tool

Download:

RTB Page: ToolWand

If you have any bug reports and/or suggestions, feel free to post.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2008, 09:06:46 AM by NiXiLL »

When you said "Stay awake for release" I thought release would be more than four minutes and forty eight seconds away.

It's great! Good job! However I won't download either of em, as I cant even host a server :p

It's great! Good job! However I won't download either of em, as I cant even host a server :p
Just use them in single player.

I never really liked this much. Its probably useful for mini-games as it allows more room for other items, but I never had the urge to use this. Nice job porting anyways I have already seen many servers using this.

Sounds good! Downloading.

what is a twlist! And how do you use the tools? All i do is switch the letter and nothing happens! PLZ HELP!

Thanks for porting this. :D

Looks cool I'll try it out.

I just get nothing I dled all three things and saved them to my addons folder then checked Tool_ToolWand in the addons menu but when i started server and opened the gui there was just a blank gui what happened?