Author Topic: CHERUB Series (Books)  (Read 1846 times)

I recently received a book from school named "The Sleepwalker". At first I was doubtful about whether I'd enjoy it or not, seeing as it is part of a series, which I had not read any of the previous instalments. After reading a page or two, I felt the book was a little too modern for my liking. Nevertheless I continued to read, and I'm quite enjoying it.

I was just wondering if anyone else was interested in this book, so we could discuss it, or if anyone had read any of the previous books, as I'm a little lost at the beginning.

I haven't read a full chapter book since 4th grade  :cookieMonster:
But, my friend read that book, he says  "TIS BOOK BE PURRTY!", so i think it might be good. I'll have to read,

I haven't read any of them, but I'd recommend reading some of the earlier installments. According to Wikipedia, The Sleepwalker is the ninth in the series.

Yeah. I noticed that. I wanted someone who had read them, I haven't even managed to read the newest Alex Rider book yet, never mind finish a series of unfortunate events.

They're pretty good. A more serious Alex Rider, if you will.
I haven't read a full chapter book since 4th grade  :cookieMonster:
And you're a dumbass.

I've read all of them, they were alright.

Well if it's anything like "The Books of Great Alta" series, I'd love em. Jane Yolen is up there among my favorite authors.

I'm in possesion of 10/11 of the current books (Only missing dark sun because they didn't sell it here). It's a great series.

I was just looking at the CHERUB forums...I've got them all and I have read them about 5 times each!

I love em'

Can anyone shed some light on why there is so much description of Bethany in the beginning of The Sleepwalker, yet she bears little involvement in the story? Was she important in the last book or something?

Can anyone shed some light on why there is so much description of Bethany in the beginning of The Sleepwalker, yet she bears little involvement in the story? Was she important in the last book or something?

I assume it's because she had grown up since the last book and rob wanted to stress that point.

I assume it's because she had grown up since the last book and rob wanted to stress that point.
Makes sense. Thanks.

I finished the General last night

Hold on one second, I've already posted with this quote, but I just want to know why he did stress about Bethany growing up. She's not a very major character, at least not from where I'm standing.

Well she's Laurens best friend so...