Author Topic: Torque Features  (Read 1614 times)

I went to garage games so do not post that i should see. Does it support physics where you can load up a car with things, does it support RPG features( leveling up, skill bars) Does it support big worlds, Does it support enemys attacking you. i will add more

Not in the game, has to be made by us users.

Most if not all of that can be scripted in or made with engine changes.

Yeah its possible but YOU have to put it in yourself or find some users resources, if you're going to try to make an MMO or some sort of RPG game I would suggest you don't and first learn how to use Torque as well as scripting/modelling.

TGE's physics sucks. RPG features and enemys can be scripted, and big worlds are possible because the terrain repeats.

A few FYI's for you.

1. A TGE Indie license costs $150.
2. TGE is not a drag and drop thing like game maker. It requires programming and modeling experience if your going to make a game.
3. TGE's networking system is not efficient enough for an MMO. I read something about this on GarageGames

TGE's physics sucks. RPG features and enemys can be scripted, and big worlds are possible because the terrain repeats.

A few FYI's for you.

1. A TGE Indie license costs $150.
2. TGE is not a drag and drop thing like game maker. It requires programming and modeling experience if your going to make a game.
3. TGE's networking system is not efficient enough for an MMO. I read something about this on GarageGames
Broken Ass Games are making a FPS MMO though Torque but they are going ape stuff coding it in with data bases and all that other crap to host an MMO.

There is an MMO pack available, I believe, with many of the necessary basic features included (like database support and login related stuff).

TGE is basically limited to an area of about 1km x 1km of terrain (depends on how big you make your player) however TGEA supports a feature called Atlas Terrains which allows you to have an unlimited sized area of terrain. It basically loads new areas of the terrain as you travel.

MoM (Minions of Mirth) is an MMO on it, I've tried it, and it's kinda like WoW, pretty good what they did with Torque.

Ok, so couldn't you buy/rent a server and fuse that with the game to make it online?

Torque is a base engine. It doesn't support much until YOU code it in.