Author Topic: NEW SUBJECT : Calling ServerCmd  (Read 1691 times)

Now if I would like to make an event that onActive would call out for an slashcommand, how would that happen?

Code: [Select]
registerOutputEvent(Player, CallSlashcommand, )
Some thing like this? How should I continue this?

EDIT: /warp makes a player warp to the nearest line-of-sight solid object in front of them, this is what you want, right?

EDIT: It's just a example cmd.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2008, 01:46:17 PM by anybody »

Now if I would like to make an event that onActive would call out for an slashcommand, how would that happen?

registerOutputEvent(Player, CallSlashcommand, )
Some thing like this? How should I continue this?
registerOutputEvent(Client, serverCmdMessageSent, "LOL TALKZ");I dunno, seems right, I know Client is a thing you can register.

No, its horribly horribly wrong.

registerOutputEvent(GameConnection, serverCmdMessageSent, "string " @ $Pref::Server::MaxChatLen @ " 50", 1);
Ofcourse, the command would do serverCmdMessageSent(%string, %client);, but I can't workaround that without some skillful parenting on a command like this:
function messageSent(%string, %client) {
serverCmdMessageSent(%client, %string);
}
But that sorta defeat the purpose.

registerOutputEvent(GameConnection, serverCmdMessageSent, "string " @ $Pref::Server::MaxChatLen @ " 50", 1);
Ofcourse, the command would do serverCmdMessageSent(%string, %client);, but I can't workaround that without some skillful parenting on a command like this:
}

Still horribly horribly wrong. Your failure is entertaining.

What do you guys want on your popcorn?

Look at my print events. All I can say...

Warning - while you were typing a new reply has been posted. You may wish to review your post.

Look at my print events. All I can say...

Warning - while you were typing a new reply has been posted. You may wish to review your post.

You obviously just copied off everyone else's work. Adam even did the hard bit of your events which was the relay part and you just nabbed his stuff.

You have just illustrated in this thread that you barely understand how the events system even works, and for that I laugh at you even more.

}
That wouldn't do serverCmdMessageSent(%string,%client);
It would do GameConnection::serverCmdMessageSent(%this,%string,%client);

Adam even did the hard bit of your events which was the relay part and you just nabbed his stuff.
I asked Adam, he said yes. I've been working on it for my side. it's not much resemblance to his. Besides, his became overshadowed by Variable and Conditional events, so there's no real point to stating Adam's thing in there o.O
You obviously just copied off everyone else's work.
What's that supposed to mean? I didn't copy the script off anyone o.O Give some example of what you think I stole (besides Adam's stuff, as I said...we put that together now...)
« Last Edit: October 19, 2008, 04:48:39 AM by MegaScience »