Author Topic: School WTF?  (Read 7209 times)

I would probably damage my joints if I ran today. However, on the day that I ran a 14 minute mile I was running not walking.
(IE. not loving ice cream and crisps).
I loving hate when my mom buys stupid stuff like that, and that's why my brother or I try to go with her(or by ourselves) when grocery shopping. I yell at her when she buys crap. I avoid eating it most of the time, but often there is just nothing else or I don't want it to waste.

When I go shopping I buy:

Fruits - fresh stuff only. No canned or packaged fruits except things like raisins.
Vegetables - same as fruit
Meats - Usually various cold cuts from the deli. Black forest ham, turkey breast, etc.
Yogurt - Whatever is fairly cheap and not loaded with forget-tons of sugar
Cereal - Usually Kashi high fiber cereals.
Bread - Usually rye, it's my favorite :o

I don't do normal running, but I do work out on my elliptical four or five times a week, although it's harder to do with school now. I do it at a fairly high resistance and go for 30 minutes. I get about two two and a half miles because trying to go really fast on high resistance would tire me out quickly and hurt my legs and knees. I also work out on a weight machine. I only have a fifteen pound free weight, a full set is loving expensive. I don't get that either, all it is is cast iron. It's like $1000 for a set and the actual iron value is less than $100.

At school I get a mile or two of walking per day. Depends on my schedule.

Despite my efforts, I'm still a (very strong) fatso.

I don't do PE, it isnt voluntary after grade 8/9.
In New York a full year of PE is required kindergarten-12th grade.

PE teachers are nothing but hippocrate's that are full of horse sh*t. Unfortunately, we have to deal with them, otherwise *pow* refferal/detention and *slap* a 0 for that day's participation.  I f*cking HATE gym teachers [/rant]
The PE teachers at my school were really great. They were all really nice and in shape. One of them was a former Olympic wrestler I believe.