Author Topic: Save Protector  (Read 862 times)

Ok I figured I'd post this while I wait for V10 to download.

This would make it so that you could "protect" your bricks. Now what I mean is, they won't apear if people save them. To those who saved it, the save would not load your bricks as if they were never there.
    Now I know you're thinking that "But what if I want to give my saves to my friends?" Well, I have a solution. This would add a third button to your trust section of the player list; save trust. People who have save trust would be able to save your bricks.
    This would require some editing, so I was thinking this could be for V11 (wow we move fast...) and would be awesome because we could host our most prized builds without worrying about honorless noobs saving over your build and calling it their own. Please consider Badspot or whoever else can do it.

Then you'll have to deal with people saving your builds then.  It's a core feature of the game.  This whole topic is as dumb as those javascript crap things that try to stop you from saving images in your browser.  People like to save builds so they can look at them locally and play with them later, or maybe add on to them on their own server. 

Just because a few 12 year old dorks like to claim credit for other people's work doesn't mean you should cripple the whole game.  Just ignore those people.

I think it is a good idea, personally.
I'm sick of seeing mine or other people's builds in other servers, stolen.
If you wanted people to use it, you would release it in the gallery.

I've had a build of a talkshow that some friends and I built.  It was played around with that night, and then I didn't think much of it.  Later I saw another server that had talkshow in the server name, so I thought I'd check it out.  Turns out they were playing around with the build I hosted and partially built.  I saw that build being used by that same person several times more, once actually having a bunch of people all adding on to it and always having lots of fun with it.  I personally wouldn't have really used it again, but another took the build, and used it multiple times more then I ever did.

If you are so mad at people using your builds, play single player.

All i'm saying is that it is wrong to take someone else's hard work without asking them.  They could ask, or download it off the gallery if released, but most steal it.  It's illegal to steal in real life, so why not in Blockland?

Because Blockland isn't real life.

Stop loving crying and get over it, no matter what, if you made it, its yours. Plus if they post on the forums it just proves how stupid they are, if you find it on another server, it'll be full of kids anyway and like they care about credit.

You can't destroy another players bricks (or change their print) if you don't have a player's trust. Since V9, this works through saves too. If you write your name everywhere in the build, you'll have proof that you've made it, making them look like idiots to their friends when they take credit for the build. They can't change the name, or destroy it without your trust.

I'm not sure about the destructo wand, though.

They don't have to load ownership

Just make a random special brick, stick it somewhere not important, then when people try to load it, it crashes the game.

You can't destroy another players bricks (or change their print) if you don't have a player's trust. Since V9, this works through saves too. If you write your name everywhere in the build, you'll have proof that you've made it, making them look like idiots to their friends when they take credit for the build. They can't change the name, or destroy it without your trust.

I'm not sure about the destructo wand, though.

only problem with that.. is they can save with ownership unchecked. and then when they load.. all the bricks will be under their ID. =\