Author Topic: Easy-change combo lock  (Read 1186 times)

I got an idea on how to do a combo lock that could be changed by simply pressing the number to change it to, and after a little work, I got it working.

The keypad on the left enters the combo, and if it matches the sequence on the right, the door opens. (bricks names "return_true" have their relays fired) Feel free to look to see how it works, and build your own.

Mediafire: http://www.mediafire.com/?n9y73zojzwz

You could make this into a bank or something :P

Anyways, I'd try this, but I don't get retail until Tuesday. It looks nice, though.

I know I could make this build look better, but the idea was to have a working easy change combo lock, so I everything else is just to keep it from being a door with a keypad in the middle of nothing.

You should be able to load this with the demo.

I was working on an events system like this that didn't require 30 bricks to store the actual code, but I got bored with events and went back to actually building.

-snip-

You should be able to load this with the demo.

Nope, too many bricks.. it won't let me load it, but I'll save it for retail. :)

So if I click 1 on the door numberpad it colors 1 on the other numperpad? So I could see who is trying to open the door?

So if I click 1 on the door numberpad it colors 1 on the other numperpad? So I could see who is trying to open the door?

You put the code in on the right side. The first row of numbers = the first digit. Second row = second digit.

The code in the screenshot would therefore be 425.

You would then push "425" in on the left keypad.

(If I understand correctly.)

May I impose on you an idea? Why don't you instead of having a wall of prints, have it so it has only 6 print bricks, 3 of them to change the # and 3 of them to the side of it to set the combo lock.

Wow, you could use that as a Blockintosh app if you want.

You put the code in on the right side. The first row of numbers = the first digit. Second row = second digit.

The code in the screenshot would therefore be 425.

You would then push "425" in on the left keypad.

(If I understand correctly.)
Correct.

May I impose on you an idea? Why don't you instead of having a wall of prints, have it so it has only 6 print bricks, 3 of them to change the # and 3 of them to the side of it to set the combo lock.
The wall of prints is used for detecting if you did the right combo, not just for selecting the numbers.