Author Topic: Faceplant'd  (Read 3464 times)

Same thing happened to me, but My bike didn't have any brakes. It stop and threw me over the handlebars. Cracked my Jaw and got 16 stitches.

Drive in movies still exist? Or was it like 30 years ago?
The biggest drive in bio thing in the EU is like 15 min away from me :3

My friend and I were biking down this hill beside each other. It's a pretty steep hill, and there isn't much traffic, so we were side by side in the middle of the road flying full speed.

Now, I should probably mention that he and his brother are pretty rough: their stuff gets banged up a lot, so it's common to see the older one fixing his brakes or something.

So, while going full speed, my friend hits his front brake.

Normally, I'd skid to a stop, gape at him, and help him back up. Instead of flipping forward at the sudden brake pressure, though, his front brake hit the spokes of the wheel and turned the bike.

Right into me.

I wasn't hurt TOO badly, but I ended up on the side of the road with both bikes on top of me (he got lucky and flew the other way).

when i was about 13 or something i was riding a scooter thing down a curb and somehow fell off and most of my elbox had no skin afterwards, theres still a scar there now :D

I used to ride scooters all the time.  One time I let my friend borrow it, and he decided to go down a very steep hill and take his hands off the handlebars.  Dumbass wobbled out of control in a fraction of a second and ended up breaking his arm.

I was 12 at the time and was at an intersection and this guy in a truck waived me by, so I started crossing. Well that truck hit the gas and plowed right for me. I turned away from it and started pedaling like a mad man when I felt a rather heavy thump behind me. The guy actually hit me! So I swerved into the opposing traffic lane (which is what probably saved my life ironically despite the rush of oncoming cars. I kept heading straight to the curb and nailed into it afraid some other vehicle would hit me before I could save myself. I hit the curb and flipped over my bike and landed on my head and back knocking me out. I was lucky a friend and their parents were at that intersection to witness it. That guy in the truck is still steaming in jail from what I hear. Hope that bastard rots in hell forever.

story
Holy stuff, I'm a pretty messed up person, but there's a loving line. You don't attack random bicyclists and force them into oncoming traffic.

Holy stuff, I'm a pretty messed up person, but there's a loving line. You don't attack random bicyclists and force them into oncoming traffic.
Well I think it was because I had given his kid a bloody nose some weeks earlier or something. But I'll agree, you don't just try to run over kids on bikes GTA style. That's not cool.

Well I think it was because I had given his kid a bloody nose some weeks earlier or something. But I'll agree, you don't just try to run over kids on bikes GTA style. That's not cool.
Oh no, a bloody nose! I get those when the air is too dry.

The guy sounds like some tough guy prick, so maybe he should just realize his son was a wuss and learned a good lesson in taking a punch.

I was riding my scotter(spelling?) rode over a stick flew into the air my scotter(spelling?)did a frontflip,I did two front flips landed on my hands and knees,then faceplanted. :D

Holy stuff, a bloody nose. You ass!

Ouch thread is ouch.
Tell me about it! I almost puked when I heard about the bloody nose!

Holy stuff, a bloody nose. You ass!
Well the bastard had it coming.....he took my Nerf ball. D:

I live in New Zealand and show dogs all over the place but haven't recently because Dad got Septocemia (spelling?) and almost died :O. Well we went to Lake Rotowiti to a show and I decided to take a few things I hold close to me, such as my laptop, skateboard and other skateboard (this one has no trucks...). We were renting a beach house and there was two steep driveways either side of the house, one was curvy and the other was straight but steeper. I decided that if I went down the driveways on my skateboard (with wheels) I just might look awesome. I took my own advice and ran up to the top of the curvy one... When I was there I set up, skateboard under foot and adrenaline pumping. Of course I thought I would be cool and not wear ANY safety gear. I got ready for the ride and pushed off. I was zooming! The trees were a blur and I scraped the edge of the curb winding around each turn, as I neared the end of the driveway there was a tight turn and I thought to my self in that split second "stuff!". I hit the curb and got flung into the bushes head first. I was knocked out for a minute or two and when I woke up my parents were looking over me. I was all right. About an hour later I was feeling much better and decided to conquer the other driveway and I thought that if there is no curves to hit I'll be fine, right? Wrong... I got to the top, I set up, skateboard under foot and adrenaline pumping. And I set off zipping down the driveway and stuff I got speed wobble! the skateboard was swerving side to side under my feet and I thought to myself, if I jump I could run the speed off and gradually slow down, right? Wrong... As soon as my feet hit the ground I toppled sideways and clattering to the tarmac. I skidded for at least 10 feet and stopped, my board rolled up behind me and hit me in the foot, no damage done to the deck. I got up with tears pouring from my eyes, half expecting the ground to give way beneath me. I woke up in the house wrapped in bandages around my hip and head and blood was oozing out from the side of my hip behind the bandage. I still have a scar on my hip about the size of a twenty dollar note. I chipped my hip and got a six inch cut down the side of my head, I was lucky not to break my arm.

The memories still haunt me to this day.

And believe me it hurt like loving HELL!!!!!!!