Author Topic: wiki page about bl is "abit" empty..  (Read 4353 times)

is it just me, or the page http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Blockland has some pages missing? wasn't thare some pages like TBM, AiO and more that WAS thare?

some one was notty?
(sorry for any spelling or grammar mistake I made, my English isn't that perfect as you can see).

The admins removed all mod pages because they weren't notable enough. I really don't think there should be any mention of the mods at all on the Blockland article. But, that's just me.

I think that people need to rewrite the pages in a more notable way, I think its nice that bl has pages about it in wiki, its abit sad that thare ware, but not anymore.

Mocheeze, didnt the use of the thing get entrusted to MCP? Damn, you were always changing it so much. Hell, were you even doing anything neutral and productive?

It's entrusted to everyone in the whole world... And I think you're confused. All my edits were meant to make things more neutral...

« Last Edit: February 28, 2006, 11:24:21 PM by spoot »

Ive read your edits, a lot of them were pointless, also, I loved how you went ahead and just spewed garbage about speculative details. Are you releasing the game? No.

"I based it off of what Eric said in this post: http://www.blockland.us/smf/index.php?topic=4374.0 He never says 2006 specifically, but he has said that BL was supposed to come out last year (but Lego threw a wrench in the machine). I think it's probably relevant to have a speculatory date, rather than just have it say "TBA" because it kind of makes sense to have a 2006 release. Either way's fine with me though. Anyone else have an opinion? Mocheeze 08:14, 25 February 2006 (UTC)"

Thats speculation, my good man. Wikipedia is very picky choosey about accuracy, every detail is important.

Do you not see the big ol' notice across the top that says that some info might be speculative? I put that there, and it's an official wikipedia box too. Yes it's speculatory, but it's pretty solid speculation.

EDIT: I have a question. Why do you all of a sudden have it out for me? It seems like something pretty petty and baseless for you to get on my ass about. You get upset about what I said in the article's discussion area? That's how wikipedia works. People discuss what the course of action should be, and then decide together. My opinion is apparently not in the majority, so it's been changed to TBA now. I'm not contesting or reverting it. It seems pretty fair to me.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2006, 11:57:59 PM by mocheeze »

Indeed.

But, speculation that one person has isnt neutral, its biased to your own opinion that the game is going to be released this year. Badspot may release it next year, for all you know. If Badspot says it is coming real soon, then you can speculate.

And for all its worth, I dont have anything against you. I just find that wikipedia is misunderstood by people as things it isnt. It isnt very specualtive, unless facts back the speculation up. Its a damn encylopedia. Its supposed to be accurate.

Im sorry if Ive offended you somehow... I guess tahts just the way things come out sometimes.

Well, I don't know if "bias" would really be the best word to describe my position there. It's not like I have an agenda that I'm promoting by saying that it will come in 2006. I don't know if you clicked the link that I gave up there, but in Badspot's timeline it makes it seem like Blockland retail will definitely release in 2006. Since it's the next thing on his list after finishing school this month, it seemed logical that it would be finished within the next 9 months.

Doesn't matter now, since it now says "TBA" anyway. I know exactly what Wikipedia is supposed to be, and believe me when I say that I wish it had less bias and opinion present.

Sorry for getting all bent out of shape, for some reason it sounded like you were attacking me out of nowhere about this thing. :P :)

Eh, Im not sure, personally. Im so tired, I just got off a massive amount of caffiene.

And I didnt get to start up a server today. I gotta go to bed now.

Answers.com is a solid and reliable website. It's not just some random site out of nowhere.

Doesn't answers.com just re-distribute wikipedia pretty much?

But answers.com has advertisments and less information than wiki.