Author Topic: What has Steam been smoking?  (Read 1268 times)

I keep trying to play TF2, but it keeps needing "An update" which soon stops and says 100% Ready, and if i try to play it it tries to update AGAIN!
Damn, i really want to play TF2 :(

Steam's based of Internet Explorer, as is Roblox, they're both crappy and horrible as a result.

Steam's based of Internet Explorer, as is Roblox, they're both crappy and horrible as a result.
I'd prefer steam over Roblox, since well, It's roblox.

Uuh what does TF2 stand for again? i heard it before i just forgot

Team Fortress 2. Also, Steam isn't based on IE. That doesn't even make any sense.

I don't have IE, but i can still run steam...Steam has nothing to do with browsers.

It has been acting a bit gay for me too, but not for this reason. Sometimes the icons get crippled and won't work after the 2nd or 3rd time i play.

You have to try and launch it, then wait for it to update by keeping the prepare window open, or it goes to 100% Ready. It's stupid, and it happened to me with ZPS and Insurgency.

That doesn't work, you have to loving wait and it's so loving stupid.

Team Fortress 2. Also, Steam isn't based on IE. That doesn't even make any sense.
It is, whenever Steam needs to use a browser, it tries for IE.

This is why I hate steam.

Its slow, unreliable, and the only good is that it's an entire shop where you can buy stuff instantly.

I swear to God, EA Download Manager is better than Steam.

I read about that in the problemes section.
They say you need to delete some sort of file but I forgot wich one.

Steam uses IE's engine for its online browsing and downloads

Funny part: Steam almost never does anything like this to me, it only will become unusable until I kill it.

This is why I hate steam.

Its slow, unreliable, and the only good is that it's an entire shop where you can buy stuff instantly.

I swear to God, EA Download Manager is better than Steam.

Amen to everything but the EA Download Manager bit.

I think it is absolute bullstuff that you have to use EA Download manager to get updates for a game. I should be able to download patches without that piece of stuff....and having to login into it too?  ARGH  >:(