Author Topic: Output Event - setDamageFlash  (Read 13291 times)

Output Event - setDamageFlash
Two output events for adding a 'flash' effect to the players' screen.

Description
This Add-On adds two output events for Player objects:
setDamageFlash flashes the player's screen red by a given amount (up to 80%), similar to the player "damage" effect.
setWhiteOut flashes the player's screen white by a given amount (up to 80%), similar to the skis "crash" effect.

Download
SpaceMods Home Page
Download Page
Direct Link
View on RTB Download Manager

This mod has been placed under the SpaceMods license. Please follow the rules given in the license if modifying and releasing derivative works which use this code.

Nice! veryusefull thanks!

this is great for somthing like a flash bomb. 

yeah if somebody could turn this into a grenade like add-on, and maybe crank it up to 95% and have fade out, it would be awesome. I would imagine this for something like a snowy forest and all the baseplates would have this so that it is hard to see

So we can partaily blind people now?

Awsome. I fear this might be annoying spam, but still cool.

:cookie: x infinity but forum would crash instantly if i posted that many :D

:cookie: x infinity but forum would crash instantly if i posted that many :D
What about your constructive abilities?  Do you have any?

On topic: I enjoy wrenching, and you have my download on this.  Damageflash sounds like a fun thing to do in my "Impossible maze".  You'll have to find me around to play the maze, though :<

-Ignore this comment, was meant to be in another topic-

YEY!
Yey what?  Please explain.  Don't just post YEY! Randomly.  That's a form of spam.
On topic: I LOVE THIS! </cruisecontrol>  It is definitely fun, and I could easily soup up some bases with flashbang tiles under disappear.

So we can partaily blind people now?

Awsome. I fear this might be annoying spam, but still cool.
I think this isn't as abusable as much as other events - the general "setHealth", "addHealth" and "kill" events do the same thing as setDamageFlash except injure you as well. In any case, it's impossible to permanently blind people as it only applies to the player. (so Self Delete fixes spam problems)

I've used the events in several places, to good effect - I made a level similar to the Tutorial "Ride" part, where entering electrified water moved you back to a spawn and flashed the screen red, but didn't actually harm you.