Author Topic: Cross Country '08  (Read 1751 times)

I had my cross country provincials today. Of course, it POURED, so the entire place (which was basically a hillside) was slippery and covered in mud.

8th place in my race. That's grade 9/10 (I'm on the low end of the age group) and the entire province (state for you Americans). I'm pretty happy.

Anyone else run XC this year?

Me. Horrible conditions where I am, so I'm getting asma attacks a lot.

Both my brothers are in cross country. Both in 8th grade (Twins, not identical) are pretty good. One of them gets 3rd-4th consecutively and is always training (He sometimes runs home from school, which is like 9 miles). The other has had a year of bad luck and his knee is keeping him from doing very well. The first one I mentioned just beat his goal time of 12:00 for 2 miles (I think, so don't quote me, it might have been the 5K). Right now, they are at an award ceremony because cross country just ended. So I'm stuck at home, babysitting my sister while they get to eat pastries.foot fairies...

The first one I mentioned just beat his goal time of 12:00 for 2 miles (I think, so don't quote me, it might have been the 5K).
I doubt it's the 5k because that'd be ridiculous.

I ran a 2 mile road race (summertime so better conditions) in 11:30ish so that's pretty good

Season just ended for me, unfortunately my team is a younger divison so we only run 5k's. :/

Grats on a decent placing...unless only 8 of you ran...lol But I enjoyed XC when I was in 10th grade. I was always able to pace with this quick kid. Lettered that year so I can't complain.