Author Topic: Wired - Chrono's got it.  (Read 2872 times)

Ah, after many months of frustration of my wireless being unstable and slow at some points, I am finally able to have a wired connection. I tested the Blockland V10 exe file for downloading, it now goes 4x faster (can go 5x at points). Now I won't have people complaining about lag in my server, or on Grand Chase anymore. :D

Holy stuff I'm not used to pages loading this fast. T-T

I"m a Wifi guy. Even my computer which is 5 feet from my router is connected via wifi.

I wouldn't mind wireless, but the fact that mine was rarely functional was a problem.

I have wired, and the router is in the other room. Woo, big cable.

The router is on the wall closest to me though, so I always get crystal clear reception.

At first I thought this was about being "wired" on drugs...

I have wired, but it still only goes at 30 kbps.
The advertisement said it was 256 kbps.
STICK IT UP YOUR ASS, ISP!

now install Minefield for even faster times :D

Chrono how fast is your connection? Also you must have been pretty far away from the router to only have been getting 1/5 the speed...

100 Mbps, while the wireless was supposed to be 54 Mbps when it has an excellent signal, which most of the time it did. Like I said, it was unstable. Probably because it was cheap.

At first I thought this was about being "wired" on drugs...
I thought he meant the magazine are whatever.

100 Mbps, while the wireless was supposed to be 54 Mbps when it has an excellent signal, which most of the time it did. Like I said, it was unstable. Probably because it was cheap.

Are you an idiot? Unless you live in Quebec, there is no residential ISP in Canada that has downstream speeds of over 25MBPS.  Business internet can be way faster (especially wireless broadband), but if you're not paying out of the ass for that bandwidth (think 1000$+ a month), then I'm assuming you're either full of stuff or just don't know what you're talking about.  The telecom industry here has gone to stuff these last few years with ISPs overcharging for stuffty connections because there is just nothing better available for a reasonable price.  But as far as that connection goes, if you're checking the internet properties, then 100MBPs is likely the max theoretical speed of your ethernet connection. In reality it doesn't come nearly that close.  54MBPS makes sense for stuffty old-gen routers, but even that's pushing it.  You're lucky if you have 6MBPS/1MBPS upstream/downstream, since that seems to be the norm around here.  The fact that you think your internet is 100MBPS and "cheap" just convinces me that you have no clue what you're talking about.   :cookieMonster:

If you want real 100MBPs for a cheap price, move to a big Japanese city or somestuff.  They've got the kind of population density where it's actually commercially viable to bring in 100mbps+ fiber optic cables.   If you're stupid enough to do that, enjoy being a gaijin sandwich on the subway though.

Are you an idiot? Unless you live in Quebec, there is no residential ISP in Canada that has downstream speeds of over 25MBPS.  Business internet can be way faster (especially wireless broadband), but if you're not paying out of the ass for that bandwidth (think 1000$+ a month), then I'm assuming you're either full of stuff or just don't know what you're talking about.  The telecom industry here has gone to stuff these last few years with ISPs overcharging for stuffty connections because there is just nothing better available for a reasonable price.  But as far as that connection goes, if you're checking the internet properties, then 100MBPs is likely the max theoretical speed of your ethernet connection. In reality it doesn't come nearly that close.  54MBPS makes sense for stuffty old-gen routers, but even that's pushing it.  You're lucky if you have 6MBPS/1MBPS upstream/downstream, since that seems to be the norm around here.  The fact that you think your internet is 100MBPS and "cheap" just convinces me that you have no clue what you're talking about.   :cookieMonster:

If you want real 100MBPs for a cheap price, move to a big Japanese city or somestuff.  They've got the kind of population density where it's actually commercially viable to bring in 100mbps+ fiber optic cables.   If you're stupid enough to do that, enjoy being a gaijin sandwich on the subway though.
I think he thinks the connection speed to the router is his actual speed.  He needs to speedtest it.  Wireless-G and ethernet shouldn't be different.  Unless you have 54 mbps+.