Emily: Leading to new video games of the future.

Author Topic: Emily: Leading to new video games of the future.  (Read 2459 times)

I don't know if it goes here, or in games, but it's amazing!
Link is here

Dang, but how can we be sure it is computer generated?

Because we're cool like that

Can't wait until this is put into games like Half-Life 2.

The downside is: We need more super computers, people!

i was looking at more stuff and i found this turn up your speaker set/head phones and put your face close to the screen for A huh huh huh huh huh huh  XBOX 360
(LOLZ Lies)

Nuuuu! We need not a super computer!

Can't wait until this is put into games like Half-Life 2.

HL2's is still pretty good for this time, especially compared to Oblivion.  :cookieMonster:

lol all consoles have hit a brick wall now. graphics CANT get any better.

best (basically available) televisions: 1920×1080 (1080p)
best refresh rates on televisions: 60 hertz i believe

PS3 possibility: 1080p
360 possibility: 720P, with dashboard update 1080p
WII possibility: 854x480..... i believe graphing calculators can do this

now standard computer monitors:
17/19 wide. 1440x900
20/22/24 wide: 1920x1200
possible 90+ hertz refresh, and deeper color depth then an hdtv

if you compare screen size to resolution, console games have nowhere to go for graphics anymore. its a dead end in development
« Last Edit: October 30, 2008, 07:53:42 AM by Bisjac »

WII possibility: i dunno...  600x800? lul@ old old old gen
Wii is 480p

oh..... so its LESS then 800x600
my mistake, i fix
« Last Edit: October 30, 2008, 07:52:24 AM by Bisjac »

My old LCD screen goes up to 150hz refresh rate.

And this is why games need to get better in terms of gameplay. There's nothing else people have to do with graphics, seriously.

Yeah, we need to add things like...oh I dunno a plot!

But seriously, there really is no end to how good graphics can get. Just because monitors hit their peak doesn't cancel out the rebirth of Virtual reality or Holograms. That's the future and it's real...at least in development.

Even though the tech is interesting, I'm not sure how useful it will be to game designers. I mean, they need a person to be physically there in their studio/lab saying those exact lines and moving in the way they want to move.

This means if they want to add in scenes or lines later they have to bring the actor back in, set up all the equipment again and capture yet another large data file to be converted to a usable format.

The one place where I could see a use for this technology is in 3D animated movies which have relied on more time consuming and less realistic methods for generating facial movements.