Author Topic: Emily: Leading to new video games of the future.  (Read 2458 times)

@ Reactor Worker

When I'm watching a 3D animated movie, I kind of want to know and feel like I'm watching a 3D animated movie. If it looks super realistic then there is no difference.

@ Reactor Worker

When I'm watching a 3D animated movie, I kind of want to know and feel like I'm watching a 3D animated movie. If it looks super realistic then there is no difference.

I'm not saying it's a good idea to use it in all 3D movies, but I certainly don't think the technology is flexible enough to be used for games.

Fortunately there are other technologies being worked with to simulate facial muscles and tissue in games that doesn't rely on recordings of actual humans.

best refresh rates on televisions: 120 hertz i believe
They advertised the forget out of a TV they use at football games because it does 120 hz

Well, I like 3D movies because of the 3D effect. Video Games: The realistic look is what we want.(Well I want)

And this is why games need to get better in terms of gameplay. There's nothing else people have to do with graphics, seriously.

Its going to move more to physics, silly. Entire buildings blow up on screen, everything uber realistic. Gameplay is not the only thing that can get better.

I hope you guise know that this wasn't rendered in real time.  The thing with movies, is that you can spend and hour rendering a single frame, but in video games everything has to render in real time. 

I hope you guise know that this wasn't rendered in real time.  The thing with movies, is that you can spend and hour rendering a single frame, but in video games everything has to render in real time. 

That would be awesome if rendered in real time. However it probably took several days to a week depending on what rendering computer their using.

The rendering isn't the difficult part. All of the techniques they used to actually make her appear on screen are being used in most modern games (bump maps, normal maps, etc) in real time. The difficult part is in recording, storing and interpreting the thousands of tiny facial movements that a gesture is composed of.