Poll

Would you want maxis to redo Spore for a more "sciency version"?

Yes, there is no question that they should.
25 (67.6%)
No, Spore is perfect how it is.
4 (10.8%)
They should do an expansion pack or something that makes it a little like the demo'd spore, but not entirely.
8 (21.6%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Author Topic: Why Spore sucks  (Read 5705 times)

I am Getting Spore tomorrow!

Last time I checked that Final Fantasy online game is pretty damn good.
FFXI is Square-Enix =/

FFXI is Square-Enix =/
Oh.
Well last time I checked that Planetside online game is pretty damn good.

I thought that many of the features were just a bunch of empty promises that Will Wright gave us. Now I see that Will Wright lost more than us, he lost a dream for what could have been one of the best games ever.

That pisses me off. loving Chris Hecker...

He should make another one. Except this time don't hire idiots.

http://forum.spore.com/jforum/posts/list/5293.page

A few hundred agree.  I almost think my $50 on Spore was a waste by the amount of time I've spent playing it.  I really wish Spore hadn't been ruined is such a horrid way...

Adding poll.

More science needed =D
« Last Edit: October 30, 2008, 02:57:12 PM by Jeorge »

Connection nubbed up when i clicked submint... Apologies for the double post : 3
« Last Edit: October 30, 2008, 02:57:36 PM by Jeorge »

http://www.d6.com/games/index.htm
Hahah, he had his own company, and that's the website.
People never liked the company.

No wonder Chris is such a sadass for ruining spore.

Just look at that extensive list of employees!

Honestly, if you look at it, the creature creator trial was even more complex then it was when the game was released, because amount of certain parts mattered. Where as now a small creature with one of each of the best things can be more deadly than something with more than one mouth which should benefit it but doesnt
« Last Edit: October 30, 2008, 04:48:58 PM by jungemann »

Honestly, if you look at it, the creature creator trial
That simply because you had limited parts in the creature trial and pretty much had to work with those.
We are talking about the actual science part of the game, such as placing legs in an odd place would make the creature stumble and walk different, making certain parts bigger would actually effect weight and make it lean, etc. All of this was taken out because Chris thought it'd be too complicated.

ecosystem dynamics were removed
physical properties of creatures no longer make a difference
     - amount of legs don't make much of a difference, it's all based on stats and parts now
     - they don't shift under their own weight
     - placement of parts does not matter (Having spikes on your back would protect you from being bitten when running away)
evolution, or gaining a bigger brain so to say, being optional was removed
the inability to travel beyond light speed was removed

And I'm sure much more was removed, that isn't described in that thread.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2008, 05:00:25 PM by Vertzer »

We need a Spore Restoration Project.

That simply because you had limited parts in the creature trial and pretty much had to work with those.
We are talking about the actual science part of the game, such as placing legs in an odd place would make the creature stumble and walk different, making certain parts bigger would actually effect weight and make it lean, etc. All of this was taken out because Chris thought it'd be too complicated.
Thats not the half of it.  The creature stage originally: A: started underwater, and you grew legs when you wanted to go on land.  B: made working ecosystems, balancing out the game.  C: Went as fast as you wanted it to, as you could chose to move forward getting a bigger brain, or to just have fun at the level your at.  Not to mention they did things like add eyes to cells in cell stage, and many other stupid things.  I'm sure that there are many cool things that would have happened but were taken out.

Its fun untill the creature stage, then it is boring, we need a Online multiplayer Creature and Cell stage Spore  :cookieMonster: