Poll

Which feature would you most like to see in RTB next?

Friends List + Messaging [1-2 Months Dev Time]
167 (78.4%)
Online/Ingame Gallery System & Save Repository [2-3 Months Dev Time]
20 (9.4%)
Online/Ingame Clan System [4-5 Months Dev Time]
26 (12.2%)

Total Members Voted: 212

Author Topic: Return to Blockland v3  (Read 108835 times)

Two suggestions for the download manager:

1. Closed Beta section which allows private distribution between people and is built for constructive feedback.

2. When updating a mod, the ability of inputing a reason which people will see when the automatic updater pops up for them.

Sorry if this has already been suggested or is on track for the next release.

Those are both things we've got on the list but you suggested unique implementations for them which might be cool. Even if you think somethings on the list (unless it obviously is) you should just suggest it anyway, because it might have other userful stuff in it.

What about a reverse ID search, You can put in a name and it will feed out that person's ID? So say, you are in a server. Someone spams up your server there name is: MasterCheif12984, You dont remember the numbers so you type in:

MasterCheif, and all the names of the people with that name in there pop up along with there ID number.

Also, I know how to make custom bans via the /ban command. But with the update, maybe a GUI would be easier. Such as you type in the ID that goes along with the ban, along with the usual time limit, and reason.

If this doesn't make sense I'm sorry lol.

2. When updating a mod, the ability of inputing a reason which people will see when the automatic updater pops up for them.
Also a changelog.

What about a reverse ID search, You can put in a name and it will feed out that person's ID? So say, you are in a server. Someone spams up your server there name is: MasterCheif12984, You dont remember the numbers so you type in:

MasterCheif, and all the names of the people with that name in there pop up along with there ID number.

Also, I know how to make custom bans via the /ban command. But with the update, maybe a GUI would be easier. Such as you type in the ID that goes along with the ban, along with the usual time limit, and reason.

If this doesn't make sense I'm sorry lol.

The BL ID of a user is available in the clearbricks gui.
Also a changelog.

I think thats pretty much what the meant.

No I mean so that you can look up ID's of people without having them come on to your server.

ID indexing would be neat.

No I mean so that you can look up ID's of people without having them come on to your server.
That will be something that will be available in RTB Connect for sure, provided the person you're searching for has allowed non-buddies to search for what server they're on in their privacy settings.
By this I'm sure it will display everything that it displays when you click on someones in-game name on the RTB forums, including their ID.

By this I'm sure it will display everything that it displays when you click on someones in-game name on the RTB forums, including their ID.

Depends on privacy settings. One of the things I make sure of in RTB is that if someone wants to use the mod but not have their details displayed or available to searching, they can easily prevent that.

Depends on privacy settings. One of the things I make sure of in RTB is that if someone wants to use the mod but not have their details displayed or available to searching, they can easily prevent that.
Yeah. I'm really looking forward to this, once you get the clan pages done, it will definately feel like Steam for Blockland.

EDIT: http://returntoblockland.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=6382
This idea is interesting. Maybe an option, or button on server information, that allows you to download all mods on a server then take the code/important parts out and leave the data?
Actually now that I think about it sounds weird :/
« Last Edit: January 09, 2009, 07:11:40 AM by Destiny/Zack0Wack0 »

Shape-only downloads was something I had planned but decided not to do in the end since it would require such a gutting of the current downloads system, however now that i'm re-developing it I should be able to integrate this sort of thing pretty easily, it just almost doubles our filespace usage (not that we're going to run out of that any time soon) - although shape-only zips would only be generated for files that contain custom art so that should optimize disk usage a bit.

The idea is to have two methods of download for an add-on on the server information screen, full or minimal. Minimal only downloading files required to join a server running the add-on, full allowing you to join and create your own server with it. There will then be options to upgrade your minimal add-ons to full add-ons if you like them.

I would be nice if you add to restricted section an option of allowing anyone to download the art only version.

Also if shape only versions do happen, I would really want a download all approved add-on shape files on start-up, so that I don't have to bother going through the list, but instead just let it load them at game start-up.

Ban edit.

A list of rules set by the server owner goes to a drop down list. When you ban some one for a reason on that list it will set up the amount of time for said punishment that is also preselected.

Since you already added a fail bin section, I was thinking that you would put it in game also. Just to have it a little nicer for us when viewing the mods.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2009, 03:10:30 PM by General Omega »

awsome. now for blockland vehicles...

When an add-on is failed, have it send a notice out to those who have it advising them against using, including the reason it was failed. Maybe also change the "See file comments for details" to the reason as well. At the very least, ask the mod review team to write reasons for failing in a way that would be clear to 10 year old kids who think stuff like "I got it before it was failed so I can use it with no negative side-effects!" or "Why was it failed?! It was awesome and [because of that] it worked perfectly!"

Nothing too big.

I hope Ephi's updating the uploader now.