Poll

Which feature would you most like to see in RTB next?

Friends List + Messaging [1-2 Months Dev Time]
167 (78.4%)
Online/Ingame Gallery System & Save Repository [2-3 Months Dev Time]
20 (9.4%)
Online/Ingame Clan System [4-5 Months Dev Time]
26 (12.2%)

Total Members Voted: 212

Author Topic: Return to Blockland v3  (Read 108821 times)

Our web services are currently malfunctioning and i'll be sorting that out shortly. Expect everything to be operational again in a few minutes.
My bad, It seems our server was causing extreme loads (the server was unresponsive) on the shared server we use so our hosting providers have turned off the RTB ingame system until we can sort this out.

Cool! This time RTB and Blockland Updates! (I Think Its Same Time :D )  :cookie:

I think for a little fun, you should make customizable info-maniac people. For example, a duck, a blockhead etc, and people can create their own from image file and save it to a list, then easily select them from a list and modify them.

Some sort of auto saver option in server control.

A modifiable profile page for RTB connect to tell a little about your self/interests.

A trust manager, that allows you to put IDs to and from your trust list.

A group chat system in which you can invite other users to chat inside RTB connect.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2009, 06:39:34 AM by Destiny/Zack0Wack0 »

Some sort of auto saver option in server control.

I think that'd have to be expanded into an entire "Dedicated Saving" system, which is possible but I don't see it happening for v3, maybe v4.

I think letting people make their own Infomaniac would be a bit of a waste of time - I mean how much are you really going to want to change it?

The trust manager would be tough because you can't have one-way trust, it has to be mutual. Something to remove people from your list without them being in the server would be doable, I just don't know where it'd fit into the current layout. Maybe i can put it on the new overlay.

How about a RTB wiki browser, for help in-game? So you can submit your own articles and such, then when your stuck like "Gah, how do I get this event to work" you can quick search on the overlay gui or something and it'll search throughout the wiki for the subject?

Also, maybe instead of what I said up there, just make options in RTB options, of a bitmap, and a name of your infomaniac.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2009, 04:10:38 PM by Destiny/Zack0Wack0 »

I thought you were releasing it today?

Can you add a thing what can irgoing a player whos posting spam on you IRC? or calls you a idiote of some thing

Blocko Achievements anyone?

Blocko Achievements anyone?
Nah, there's nothing much to do in Blockland that you could get achievements for

...Like?

Other than the killing achievements
Killing
Zombies
Bricks built
Total volume built
Total ____ brick built(i.e trees)
Total bricks destroyed
Visiting all the default maps
Finding secrets
Obtaining build trust from a certain number of people
___ item used (i.e pills, HE grenades)
Total events placed

Killing
Zombies
Bricks built
Total volume built
Total ____ brick built(i.e trees)
Total bricks destroyed
Visiting all the default maps
Finding secrets
Obtaining build trust from a certain number of people
___ item used (i.e pills, HE grenades)
Total events placed

Hm, i guess that would be pretty nifty

If they ever do make achievements, they should have one for making 50 or 100 events called Eventer (Sounds like inventor)