Author Topic: Muffin's emitters  (Read 35659 times)

Holy stuff they're finally out?

Yup. I had an hour and I was bored so I packed all the emitters I had in V8 and got them to work in V10. They were made into 2 sets, MagicBuild and LargeMagicBuild. The latter includes some emitters that might lag, so I figured why not make them a separate add-on in case you don't want folk lagging others online with 100 magma emitters.

I tested every one of them and they seem to be working fine.

VERSION 1.4 UPLOADED

Here's the list as it stands:

Casual

- Music A and B
- Spark emitters
- Rainbow fire A and B
- Light Projectors
- Ghostly smoke
- Stinky emitter

Weather

- Snow emitters
- Rain emitters

SciFi

- Column shield emitters
- Dome shield emitters (simply called colour ShieldS, colour ShieldM in the list)
- Perimetter shield
- Lightning A and B
- Small black hole
- Spinning wave

The Large Magic Build includes the laggier, grander emitters:

- Large dome shields, red, blue, and brick colour
- Magma Falls and Magma Pool
- Sand Pit
- Thick Fog
- Medium Fusion Ring (it's gigantic though)
- Twilight Field
- Large Black Hole

This set has been worked and reworked to perfection. Most of them work as they are intended on larger bricks, while others work best on 1x1x1 bricks. It all depends on what kind of effect you want.

Pics of some of them (although I'm told fairly often that still pictures don't do these emitters any justice):

Bugs? Comments? Suggestions? Post them!

As for Bugs, I've been getting some mixed messages. Some people have been telling me they don't work for them, honestly I don't know how you can screw up downloading 2 .zip folders and placing them in your add-ons folder but hey, it happens. Also the game "crashing" after you spawn 100 emitters is perfectly normal for ANY emitter, not just mine. The game crashing because of emitters failing to load when you start a game is rather serious, and it doesn't happen either, atleast I have never seen something like that happen in my experience. Emitters with errors in them simply don't load, and you don't see them in-game, but they don't outright crash the game.

If you DO happen to stumble on a bug that's obviously not supposed to happen then please post the CONSOLE message that was generated by the error (even a Screen Capture of it if you don't want to copy it down would suffice). All I need is the console message to figure out what happened, without that I have nothing to go with except your words.

Current bugs:
- Animated particles are bugged in multiplayer, I'll try random things out until I run out of options. Unfortunately this type of problem stems directly from the core of the game, so I doubt I'd be able to fix it. The symptoms of this bug is fairly simply, when you join someone's game in multiplayer the particles don't animate. That's it, but it basically means that the Twilight Emitter is crap in multiplayer.

Big thanks goes out to:
RKY for making the funky particle decal and the light beam particle
Lance for making the two note particles
General Omega and RKY again for reminding me about the useEmitterColours function
Lots of other folk for their great ideas

V1.3 fixes
- Fixed Thick Fog emitter, it works now
- Added Twilight Field to the pack, it's the first emitter to use animated particles in Blockland, and TWO particles simultaneously! Enjoy.

V1.4 fixes
- There are now 4 categories, Casual Build, Weather Build, SciFi Build an LargeMagic Build.
Casual holds all the miscellaneous emitters that are for pretty much any kind of build, like the Music emitters (parties) and Spark emitters (Factories, industries).
Weather holds 2 sets at the moment, a set of Snow emitters and Rain emitters.
SciFi holds all the shield emitters, Lightning doodad emitters, black hole, etc.
LargeMagic Build holds the larger emitters. These are for special uses and probably should not be enabled in multiplayer, since they lag a bit and could be spammed by malicious types.
- Twilight was moved to LargeMagic Build.
- LightningB was fixed, no more errors
- M Red Column was improved
- Rain set added
- Snow set added
- Square Spinner was removed, it was "meh"
- Demo Saves now included.

Download links

Here's all 5 of those files in mediafire: http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=84ccb2a95fd9cd27ab1eab3e9fa335cab6401a748ffdd5d6

Filefront again, maybe it will work this time:

http://files.filefront.com/particle+WeatherBuildzip/;12363673;/fileinfo.html
http://files.filefront.com/particle+SciFiBuildzip/;12363671;/fileinfo.html
http://files.filefront.com/particle+LargeMagicBuildzip/;12363670;/fileinfo.html
http://files.filefront.com/particle+CasualBuildzip/;12363669;/fileinfo.html

http://files.filefront.com/DemoSAVEzip/;12363667;/fileinfo.html
(extract this in your Blockland folder, it's 3 builds featuring a small sample of things you can do with the emitters"

Those with Particle_magicBuild in their add-ons folder, PLEASE DELETE IT, or check it OFF on your add-ons list, otherwise there will be problems.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2008, 05:52:42 PM by Muffinmix »

Lol i forgot about my music note :D

Looks good keep it up.

you make the best emitters this is EPIC

Lol i forgot about my music note :D

Looks good keep it up.
Oh damn I completely forgot to give them to you way back then, I remember now.

Yeah, gonna have to spread some credit around, editing

If you need anymore you know who to come to ;p

OH MY GOD!

THESE ARE EPIC!

Epic loving win! Above user is tribal

These are fricking awesome. One of the best ones I've seen yet!

These are sweet!

I <3 the music one.

Two things.

1). There is a folder in the Large particle set. and you forgot to edit the server.cs for it to Particle_LargeMagicBuild.cs instead of MagicBuild.cs

2) Learn how to get particles to change with brick color just to save particles and datablocks.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2008, 04:27:07 PM by General Omega »

i think these are great, yes it might be a little bit better to recolor the emitter but its good.

but yes, there is a problem with the large particles, the server.cs file is wrong and it wont show up to activate in-game

Muffin?

Remember how you can make emitters be the color of the brick?

How the hell did this slip your mind?

Many of them would be much better(and we wouldn't need red/blue sets) with that feature enabled.

i think these are great, yes it might be a little bit better to recolor the emitter but its good.

but yes, there is a problem with the large particles, the server.cs file is wrong and it wont show up to activate in-game
Yeah I got it, I think it's fixed now. I got two different .zip folders mixed up, my bad.

2) Learn how to get particles to change with brick color just to save particles and datablocks.

Let me get back to that. The problem is I don't know if the useEmitterColors function Adds to or completely Replaces the color scheming in particles. If it Replaces, then the particles will look very bland.

Muffin?

Remember how you can make emitters be the color of the brick?

How the hell did this slip your mind?

I completely forgot about it.

It replaces, case and point useEmitterColor on the left and current Red shield in the pack on the right

It seems to work well with every color EXCEPT blue and red :P

This is a great idea, I'll add a third set of shield emitters right now. That's around 30 more datablocks. Thanks

I was hoping more for cutting down on datablocks by using it but whatever. I ported a few of yours my self and they work well with it. Make ghostly smoke use it and your spiral thingies.