Author Topic: I <3 Free Radical.  (Read 1017 times)

This is more about them and their website than their games, but I thought it was more relevant to games since they are game developers.

They update the site quite frequently, rather than showing off a new concept and leaving it dry until the game comes out. They also mostly change the polls every once in a while, but you still get the feeling that somebody is breathing.

Oh, and I love their letters. The guy writing them back seriously made me laugh. http://www.frd.co.uk/letters.php

To those who don't know, these guys made the Timesplitters series, and Haze.

One of their letters, with an answer:
Code: [Select]
Dear Free Rad,

THIS IS MY 5th time writing in please post this
i think you should make TSP4 a ps3 exclusive i hate the xbox and all
there owners and whats with everyone comparing halo with timesplitters halo is crap compared to timesplitters.
 keep up the good work free radical and make timesplitters 4 just as good and funny as the rest of the series.

-Keiran
R107
R107 Says:

You 'hate' the Xbox and all 'there' owners? Kid, get outside and play in a field for a bit. Chill, fool.

« Last Edit: November 16, 2008, 08:27:17 PM by n0cturni »

I apologize for a double post, but I think this one is worth it.

Code: [Select]
Dear Free Radical

Please put Timesplitters 4 on the PS3 only Please.
Listen I have a family and my cosin is dieing.
He is a big fan of Timespliters more biger a fan then me and please he is going through a Tough time and he likes PS3.
Please Release TS4 on the PS3 only.
I beg you please it would mean alot to him and me I promised him I would do what ever it takes to make him feel good.
Please do me this one favor please.

-Randy
R107
R107 Says:

So, let me get this straight. Your cousin's dying wish is for TimeSplitters 4 to be a PS3 exclusive? Well, he's certainly lived a rich, full life.

Second one is the lulz.

Holy stuff that scared me for a sec.
My name is close to Keiran, so it surprised me.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2008, 09:48:23 PM by Azerath »

Second one is the lulz.

Holy stuff that scared me for a sec.
My name is Kieran, so that was a little close for comfort.
Too close for comfort? What?

I thought it was me, because it looked like my name was there.

I thought it was me, because it looked like my name was there.
Really? You thought you said that because your name was there?

Quote from: Kieran
I enjoy strangling small animals while masturbating to pictures of nude underage boys in my tool shed.
Whoa! Did we need to know!?

Really? You thought you said that because your name was there?
Whoa! Did we need to know!?
Not what I meant. I meant that since my name is pretty rare, seeing it somewhere else can be surprising.
Plus, what's with all the offensive remarks? All I did was state my name.

Yeah, Jonas was a pretty uncommon name until the loving Jonas Brothers started stuffting everywhere.