Author Topic: Lord of the Flies (Book)  (Read 1124 times)

Okay, we have finally finished this book and I was wondering if anyone else has read it before? If so, what do you think of it?
I give it a 7/10, it was alright but it just moved too slow for my taste. I like the faster paced books whhere on every page something was happening and not just talking.

We saw some excerpts and fragments of the movie in English last year. I didn't really like the story, too strange.

Boring, felt like castaway with children and a pig head.

That book was absolutely terrible.

I thought the book was pretty good, the whole message it was trying to portray was done well.

I don't know why you spend weeks on a single book in high school that can be read in a day or two.

I don't remember a lot of specific details, but I remember the ending was lame.

The group is chasing Ralph trying to kill him, the island is on fire and everyone has bloodlust. Then they bump into a marine with a rescue plane who goes, "HAY GUIZ!" Then everyone goes :awesome:.

typos
« Last Edit: November 18, 2008, 11:02:18 AM by Otis Da HousKat »

I don't why you spend weeks on a single book in high school that can be read in a day or two.
I have no Idea, and it pisses me off.

I don't know why you spend weeks on a single book in high school that can be read in a day or two.
Dumbass classmates are dumbasses... I read it two times in one night for god's sake! I just wanted to post it here after we all finish... One chapter per two classes...

i didn't even read half the book because I was so bored, I still got a 94% on my essay though. :D

i didn't even read half the book because I was so bored, I still got a 94% on my essay though. :D
I didn't do it for pleasure, I was memorizing the book for my future tests...

You're going to have a test based on a book in English class? Pretty stupid imo.
What my teacher used to do though, is give us these sheets asking specific questions about the chapter we just read, and then mark it down as homework completion. Of course I failed all of those, but that didn't lower my mark. :D