Author Topic: Mount & Blade  (Read 2801 times)

I'm gonna link to a website because I really lazy and don't feel like typing, but anywho,

Game type: RPG/Strategy/Fps(I suppose)
Cost to play: Free for a demo
Cost: $30
Fun rating: 7.9/10

Steam Demo Video   http://store.steampowered.com/app/900682/

You are a commander/fighter type thing wanting to do something blah blah blah towns. Bandits all over, and you try to take over things. (As you can tell, I don't have interest in storyline, but I think there is one. Also meaning, it's not one of those games that forces you to follow a storyline.)
I haven't played as a merchant, but I think that's also an option, Instead of commander/fighter.

I'm having trouble describing it so, yea, I find it fun, my friends find it fun, thought I'd share.
You can get a demo from steam that I know of, I haven't checked their website.

The cool thing about the demo is that you don't lose any gameplay, it just restricts you to playing past level 8 or something.

etc, etc,   WOBSITE

http://www.taleworlds.com/
http://store.steampowered.com/app/22100/

« Last Edit: December 10, 2008, 09:41:33 PM by tapemaster21 »

I have it. Its loving awesome, But i kinda got bored of it. :c

My friend got it like 3 days ago and had to come over to download it because he has dial up at his house :3 and yea...

I definitely raided a whole town by myself because all my people always die XD

mount and blade is the most loving awesome game to come out in the past five years.
if you get only one mod, get the battle resizer.
200 on 200 battles forget YEAR

I modded it so I made me a super laser pistol.

It eats face.

Played the demo, it is really hard to aim but I like the whole battlefield idea. It would be really cool with Oblivion-style fighting and graphics especially.

Gets repetative fasttttttt.

It lacks a real sense of sieges really.. units like to mass at ladders etc.

Iunno it has the potential its just instead of making awesome sieges they have 50 guys running up a small skinny ladder.

Very true, but in the one I played they have siege towers too. Nothing more intense than waiting for a massive tower to roll towards you while hundreds of arrows pour down on you.

And contrary to the "battle resizer" thing, I would suggest the Brutality mod. It makes it possible to die, makes infantry battles gory, and gives the game a generally darker feel. Although, it's not for beginners. I play on 126% difficulty and you have to be very careful not to get stabbed in the face (face stabs tend to make you die) or get shot in the neck (also causes death).

Also 50 guys on a field at a time max kinda sucks.

But they make the game around that, so you'll never have amazing sieges or epic battles.

What has been improved for this new steam version?

this was the best rpg ive played, started playing a couple weeks ago, played it for about 1 week every day, then started playing only on weekends, then I just stopped and only played to show my friends when they came over. Got too repetitive, but great battle style, it was extremely fun while it lasted, although the quests were all the same.

Dismemberment? That would be loving lovey

Also 50 guys on a field at a time max kinda sucks.

But they make the game around that, so you'll never have amazing sieges or epic battles.
DID YOU NOT SEE THE POST ABOUT THE RESIZER

DID YOU NOT SEE THE POST ABOUT THE RESIZER

HELLO, DID YOU NOT SEE ME COMMENT ABOUT HOW THE GAME WAS MADE AROUND HAVE A MAX OF 50 PEOPLE.

loving hell, just because they increased the amount of people doesn't mean the gameplay changes at all.

handicap

I have it. Its loving awesome, But i kinda got bored of it. :c

Same.

I think a polearm and a charger are really all you need to dominate the battlefield. Adding a few javalines (spelling) to the mix is a good idea too, when you can't catch up to that God Damned Kergit horse archer.

Nords win. :D