Author Topic: BLB Brick Format Reference  (Read 77232 times)

Quads are like categories for faces, the number below is how many faces are in that quad. If the north side of the brick is completely covered by bricks, then all of the faces in the north quad category are hidden. Same thing with east, south, west, top, and bottom. Omni quads are similar, except the faces in the omni quad category never get hidden unless the brick's rendering is turned off.

Err.. that's a rather misleading description. The "TOP QUADS", etc. are categories of quads. Quads themselves are faces, not categories. 1 quad == a face with 4 vertices/points. A quad is any one-sided quadrilateral.

Err.. that's a rather misleading description. The "TOP QUADS", etc. are categories of quads. Quads themselves are faces, not categories. 1 quad == a face with 4 vertices/points. A quad is any one-sided quadrilateral.

That was over a year ago :/

If something has SIDE textures but I don't want it to (I want it to have none), what do I remove in the .blb?

If something has SIDE textures but I don't want it to (I want it to have none), what do I remove in the .blb?
Do you want to change the texture to something else or just remove that face/quad/whatever_Port_wants_me_to_call_it altogether or do you just want it to be a blank texture?
« Last Edit: August 16, 2014, 10:42:08 AM by jes00 »

Do you want to change the texture to something else or just remove that face/quad/whatever_Port_wants_me_to_call_it altogether or do you just want it to be a blank texture?
I want it to have no texture whatsoever, like my doors:
http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=263148.0

I got some models from JakeBlade and for some reason those do have the SIDE textures when I export, while the models I made don't. Guessing it has to do with him using 3dsmax.

I want it to have no texture whatsoever, like my doors:
http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=263148.0

I got some models from JakeBlade and for some reason those do have the SIDE textures when I export, while the models I made don't. Guessing it has to do with him using 3dsmax.
Just keep the texture as SIDE and set the UV coords to this:
Code: [Select]
UV COORDS:
0.5 0.5
0.5 0.5
0.5 0.5
0.5 0.5
Then it'll be blank like you want.

Sweet, thanks.
P.S. how would I go about doing that for a 5000 line blb?
16 times?
« Last Edit: August 17, 2014, 07:19:14 AM by TheArmyGuy »

Sweet, thanks.
P.S. how would I go about doing that for a 5000 line blb?
16 times?
Just go to every face/quad/whatever_Port_wants_me_to_call_it and manually replace the UV coords with that.